• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through April 24, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glippert

displayname
Greg Lippert
Art and Vince - Are you guys trying to confuse me again with all that talk about storing things, long term, for other folks?
dunno.gif

Well, you're not gonna get me to bite this time!

Kenneth,
If you have a farm and fleet store near you they have cub cadet colors that match real nice. my local one only had spray bombs. except they had IH white in quarts

TSC store here has CC yeller but it's nothing close to my 122-127-129-1882-2166 and it's thin and runny !

huh, mine was pretty decent this go around, the salspar i bought the year before right before the snow came and rusted my 100 was kinda bad but i didnt care i just didnt want bare metal

Years ago some guys were complaining about the Valspar not having enough pigment in it. This was the first that I had bought , remembering what they had said but I needed paint so I thought I'd give it a shot. I've got 6 cans that I wish I hadn't bought.

I painted a deck and hood with it, and I liked it. I'll be sure to use hardener next time though, it was pretty fragile for 6 weeks.

Lonny-
Sorry for the misunderstanding, now I understand the part you're talking about.

I checked the good book to see what inormation was on the subject
coffee.gif

83065.jpg

Coiled .25" nominal pins are +.008" to +.018" oversize, their corresponding hole (press fit) is .25" -.003" to +.006".

Hardened .25" nominal pins are .2502" +/-.0001, their corresponding hole range (press fit) .2480" to .2498".

This would all reason out that the hole is oversized (which you've already figured that one out), so an oversized pin that you're using as a replacement looks like it might work as a replacement.

Thanks guys for the quick Brinly paint responses.

I don't have a Farm and Fleet or a TSC but I do have a CC dealer near by. I'll check with them tomorrow regarding the IH white. Now, am I correct in thinking that the same color used on the hoods of the new Cubs is the same color used on the OLD Brinly implements (CC-500 series cultivators etc.)? I ask because when I talk to the service counter they're not going to know what a OLD Brinly-Hardy implement color is if the question should arise. I'm almost certain I'll need to order this paint from the CC dealer.

Kenneth

Lonny B.- We run 1/4" Grade 8 hardened bolts in our pulling tractor drive shafts with a Grade 8 steel locking nut on it. Never sheared one yet. Give it a shot. It should work fine. You won't have to worry about breakage or falling out.

Kenneth; Some of the sponsors have the correct paint in spray or quarts. Click the little boxes above.

Good morning guys; I have been searching through the vault but cannot find anything on repairing the left side steering arm & spindle for narrow frames. Is there anyone who has come up with a fix for the problem here or do I have to buy new parts. I don't mind buying new but they just wear out again so I thought someone may have re-designed this. I'm talking about the pin holes wearing making my steering very sloppy.

GREG E. - On My old #72 I plow and stuff with I found some O2 annealed tool steel .250" dia. I made pins for the driveshaft when I rebuilt it & replaced the driveshaft & clutch probably 20 yrs ago. After 14-15 yrs & about 1200 hours a small shock in the drivetrain when My land wheel spun on a pile of soybean straw with My 8.50 Firestones and about 100# of wheel weights finally sheared the front pin on the coupler that connects the coupler to the input pinion. The pin hole in the driveshaft was oblong, about 1/4" wide but almost 3/8" long which REALLY hammered the heck out of the pin.

But the new driveshaft I installed last year is 4140 Pre-hardened with Grade #8 capscrews & #8 locknuts also. I went with what works!

Hi. Can anyone advise what the part number is/was or where I can find the part number/size for the correct belt to run a Pincor 4500W alternator from a QuietLine? I originally posted this question on ihregistry partly by mistake not realizing it is only about plowdays there and partly because I could not remember my password to gain access here. When did access to this forum become password protected? Thanks!

Luther,

Thanks so much for the spring board.

Little FYI to all those in Cub land looking for stuff for there cubs.

Just got word back from my inlaws after contacting Madsons CC about a new mower deck shell for there 3184. WOW! Did Scott and the gang ever come thru with a jaw dropping deal. Not only did they get them an awesome price on a deck and blades they found a local business to ship it to for next to nothing (busniess to busniess thing I guess) and the total bill came to considerably less than $400 bucks. I checked for the parts locally at one time and it was well over $400 just for the deck. My mother-inlaw said she mentioned that I was a member here and BLAMO it was done. Any ways, my shameless plug is now over.
biggrin.gif

Support your sponsors!!

Big Thanks to Scott and crew for helping my folks out. Thank you
thumbsup.gif

Brian

Mike W.
I use the same belt from my 59M for the Pincor.
It's PN/IH-55053-C1 1/2 x 30", that's the one from the PTO to the unit.
If you need the other drive belt, I'll have to go check that one, CRS ya know! it is PN/62379-C1.

The forum became members only a couple weeks ago, LONG story and no need to go into the details the open forum.

Jim-
Todd Markle had a great write up about repairing those left side narrow frame spindles using a reamer and a tapered pin.

Perhaps he will post that info here....

Todd, do you have your ears on?

Lonny,

I guess your problem with the 127 and spriol pin can be solved by my first offer, let me know when I need to pick it up.

The storage fees only start after the first 2 years. Delivery is the same as stated. However you can pick it up, the oxygen is free after you pay the "set foot on property" disbursement. <font size="-1">Thanks to Art?</font>

Lip, same deal would apply to your new smokin' 1250....

Latest posts

Back