• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 23, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CHARLIE - Have You got a pair of 6-12 tires You can throw on that 125 with the blade? They're an inch or two smaller in dia. than the 23-8.50's, should make that box blade sit down flat.

Far as tire PSI, if You have inner tubes You can run all the way down to 2-3 PSI. I run 4-6 PSI in the Firestones on the 72 & 982 all the time. They both ride SO much nicer.

Brad-
Cool pic!
thumbsup.gif

Charlie-
As you've probably noticed, I have a 100 with one of those #40 box-blades on the back. Honestly, they're not too well built, and I bet we could find many variations on the angle they "land" on the ground if we were to compare a few.

Mine was missing the mounts when I bought it, but I was able to get a couple of the U-shaped lower arms from a forum member and good friend.

What I noticed is that the original weld marks on the cross-bar weren't even close to the measurements I had planned on welding to.

I'm not saying this is "right", but I wonder what would happen if a guy were to remove the blade, put blocks under the lower "arms" to get the front of the blade up, and then just stand on it to "tweak the" blade into sitting level? I guess this is a major limitation of the Cub-style "3-point".

That said, I bet it wouldn't take much to hook one of these on a tree-root or curb and twist it up fairly easily.

Krai<font color="ff0000">q</font>-
Leave Charlie alone, you have enough of those 125's. <font size="-2">Not to mention, to own one of them is one too many.....</font>
whistling.gif

Rick-
You and I must own the same multi-meter. <font size="-2">That, or you're just as "slow" as I am....</font>
beer2.gif

I'm looking at possibly getting a cub 70 with a tiller. Actually two of them both with problems that I can put together for one good working tractor and spare parts I think.

I cant help but wonder, is 7hp really enough for a tiller? It does have a creeper. There isnt any reall difference with a cub 100 is there other than motor? So I could upgrade to 10HP if I could find one right? Is there any easy way to go higher than that? Can that 7HP drive bigger tires like 26"x12x12 (or skinnier ones if I can find em)?

Tristan S.-

If the tiller doesn't have either extension, I bet a STRONG 7 h.p. would pull it. The creeper is obviously a necessity. A 100 is basically the same, except for the 10 h.p. motor and bearings in the axle tubes in stead of the 70's bushings. You can put up to a 12 h.p. in there with no mods. 10 would probably be enough for the tiller, provided you aren't tilling sod or anything like that. I have a tiller on my 128, and it'll work that motor, but nowhere near as much as it would plowing or something like that.

26-12-12s would probably not be a good idea with the tiller. The tractor will be leaning forward and much wider than the tiller. 6-12s are probably sufficient for tilling.

Charlie;
Just went out back and perused your conundrum!I think if you loosen the u-bolts, and add a shim(washer?)between the lower side of the crossbar and the mount bracket,you'll be fine!
Just my 2 cents,...Bob.
Shift.gif

Charlie, if that #40 box blade and the way it mounts bothers you too much, I'll just pay a visit with a trailer and remove the offending implement. I might just as well remove the 125 while I'm there.

Kraig:
Notice how nice the front of that mini-1066 looks???? Didn't use a 125 for that...
clappy.gif

No I'm not "braying", just being economical. Do you buy the first car, trailer, truck just because it's there? NO you shop around first which is what I did. Sounds like I hurt your feelings a little. Aw isnt that too bad! I almost got a tear there for a split second. Yes I will use the "sponsers" if I need too. There are other options out there and they might be cheaper. I didnt say where I got it and I'm not going to.

Latest posts

Back