• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 23, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Ok, lets see if anyone can help an old man out with this one.
Rear box blade on a 125 with 8.50 tires.
Blade mounted up right but the front of the blade is high by about 5/8" of an inch. It looks to me like I need to have one more hole added to the bottom of the U bracket to get it to set level so it doesn't drag the rear cutting edge and do nothing with the front cutting edge.
I'm only running 8 PSI in the tires to lower the tractor down as much as I dare. Maybe adding a couple hundred pounds of weight to drag it down some more?
150339.jpg

150340.jpg

150341.jpg

Charlie - Just raise the lift a little until it's level and blade higher ground!
clappy.gif
(Geez, I crack myself up sometimes!)

OK, let's get serious now... would a shorter lift rod bring the rear up, effectively leveling the blade?

How about putting a wedge between the square pipe and angle it bolts to, thicker part at the bottom.
150344.jpg

Howard we missed you it slipped out because it looks like your shift fork looks a liitle bent line them up with the c shapes together and put the shift rod in the center and bolt on but first carefully try to bend it straight.

How about running 3.50 X 8 front tires and a pair of 6-12 on the rear of the cub, that should lower the front edge of the box blade.

OR

Send it down to me and the problem will be solved.
beer2.gif

Charlie:
I'd NEVER call YOU "Mister Sensitive"...(go about two posts further back.....). and I KNOW that Brendan caught it...(Close your ears for a minute, Charlie)

Let's just make it plain, guys...we don't have to buy from any of the forum sponsors, but to bray about finding something cheaper elsewhere to the guy that pays the bills for this site is "insensitive" to say the least, especially at the same time you're asking for MORE help...
angry.gif

Kendell,
Crap! You mean I have to actually read something to find out what's going on?
That would mean I would have to comprehend it too.
dunno.gif

The length of the top link won't do it, regardless of how long that link is the rear of the scraper will still set on the floor with a gap at the front. Now if the bottom links were lowered where they pin to the hitch that would work but is more involved than wedges.

Yepper Kendall...couldn't miss it...

These two points are for the point of discussion, fixed. Changing the top link won't change where either set.
150348.jpg

150349.jpg

See...I'm just tryin to post some pretty pics for Charlie
lol.gif

I'm thinkin'....what's the point in trying to get the leading edge down further.
1.If your working soft soil the tractor will sink a bit anyway.
2. The steel may just be "gone" aka worn away.
3. I would prob want the front edge up a little anyway so it wouldn't catch....how much material is really going to sneak out of that little gap??

All just my opinions... I could just come and pick that up and save you the headache
bouncy.gif

Juzz beat it and bang it with a hammer charlie... works for me... sometimes, lol
bash.gif
coffee.gif

I might be going to pick these two up tomorrow. Wish me luck.

150353.jpg

150354.jpg

Kendell. i have to do this
clappy.gif
.i spelled a persons name for quite sometime Kraiq and you caught it and well i have a problem with spelling and type with only 2 fingers, so i had a chuckle when i saw this.....
(we don't have to buy from any of the forum sponsors, but to bray about finding something cheaper ) WHAT IS BRAY lol

well i`am off to get new rubber on the new to me Cub Trailer. Have a great day all.
lol.gif
draw.gif
old.gif

Don: BRAY as in what a donkey says. HeHaw. It's a term used to describe what a person does when he's talking about what a good deal he got at someone else's expense.
A Yun Pa is in VietNam. (I guessed that, Googled it to make sure).
BOMA I'm still working on. Big Old, Bad Old, ?? FUBAR is easier!
'mornin', Charlie! Have one on me.
coffee.gif

I had this really bad dream last night about posting to a forum when I was p....d off. .....
1a_scratchhead.gif

Bar Of Modern Art?? Big Old Mean A..?? Buy Old Messy Agricultural (equipment)??

Charlie, I know you already know this but, the U bracket seems to need to come down and to the back. What is driving me crazy (looking at the pictures) is Why??? It doesn't appear bent or tweaked anywhere.

Ken, I would never call Charlie "Mr. Sensitive" either, however I'm not going to call him anything as long as he is paying the bills and has his finger on the poof button. If I do I'm certainly not going to Bray about it.

Don, "Bray" is what farm boys had to listen to when they were plowing before there were any Cub Cadets.

I have most of the parts for the 1650, the sponsors had most of them and hope to get it running soon. If I have all my bases covered I should still have just over $400.00 in it. This thing was in pitiful shape but worth it. I can't paint it because the last two times I painted I ended up in intensive care with an irregular heart beat.It's a shame as far as I have this thing torn down. Yes I have proper protective gear.

I think Rick nailed it, but if you really must have the front of the box blade lower, let some air out of the rear tires, they look like you have too much air in them anyway...
150356.gif

Terry, nice, looks like a 123 and a 1x5. Good luck!
thumbsup.gif

Latest posts

Back