Archive through April 22, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jboelens

displayname
John Boelens
I finally got my 100 outside on Easter Sunday after finishing the project in January. Tires are from Tucker tire, installed a creeper and a 90 degree belt pulley on the rear pto rearend, the cub already had the headlights and grote taillight. New wiring harnesses from porch electric, and decals from maple hunter decals. Got a new steering wheel and cap, and a few NOS parts for the tower. Now I gotta find something to belt drive!
285690.jpg

285691.jpg

John B - nice looking 100!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick question - I know that a place to start with points is .020 or a match book cover. Question is - what are the extreme max and minimum gaps you've had to live to get your IHCC's Kohler timed?

John B., great job on the Cubs! As a long time fan of Arctic Cat snowmobiles I love the green 72 and purple 107!
thumbsup.gif

John B - very nice 100 there. I'm sure you'll find something to connect to your belt drive.
Question - on your rear tires, are they 23" or 24"?

Harry-

I've been away from the forum for a day and just caught your reply. You just mentioned that it took a 1/4" drive which I didn't fully understand. Also, I tried many sockets before I figured I needed to dedicate one and shave it down. The one pictured is a Craftsman 1/4" drive 3/8" socket. You're the first person I've heard of that found a deep well socket that would work without modification.

1/4" deep well Craftsman socket works fine for me with NO modifications. Think it's the first thing Harry & I have agreed on in months!

How much hydraulic fluid does my International 1450 Cub Cadet require?

Can Mystik Tractor Trans-Hydraulic Fluid JT-5 be used in the IH 1450 transmission?

I have 1 gallon of Hy-Tran, and a two gallon container of Mistik.

John, 7 pints or almost two gallons, I do not know if they would mix or if mistic will work

I had a bent tiller mount for my 147 (bent so that on the right side a pin would not go through the mount, sleeve hitch bottom and the tiller) that I took into a repair shop last monday. Going to pick it up today (which was repaired better) I had to explain to the guy what it's used for and how it works- he asks me "does this go on a Toro?" because the giant IH on the top of the gear box doesn't give it away.....he told me things like that don't walk into his shop very often.
lol.gif

John,

I am not speaking as an expert here, but were this me, I would not mix the two oils for your 1450 final drive. International, and later CaseIH, is rather fussy about the fluids that it specifies. Hy-Tran contains some propriatorial additives that trap water, maintain viscosity and add lubricity to the fluid, and stands up to heat generated in the transaxle.

I believe Charlie addresses this in his FAQs. http://cubfaq.com/hytran.html

Be sure to change the filter and use the proper filter for the machine.

That 1450 is too nice of a tractor to not use the best for it. Good luck. I hope others chime in on this one as well.

Dennis - gol'der it. If'n I'd a known that I wouldn't have posted.

Wayne - are you certain that's a 1/4"drive socket you posted the pic of. I don't know what it is about your pic but the socket really looks to me more like a 3/8" drive.

Brian W - absolutely agree with ya. Use the good stuff, IH HyTran or Case/IH HyTran Ultra. It's the good stuff and known to work.

John L - that Mystik stuff sure looks different to me than the HyTran Ultra. If you reverse cross-reference under Viscosity Oil you'll see their Nexplore meets Spec MAT-3525 which is also the spec listed for the Mystik JT-5 fluid you identified. The HyTran Ultra meets Case Spec MS-1209 (and IH Spec B-6) but no mention of the MAT-3525 so it's not the same. In fact, if you look at the other details you'll see it's a long way from the same performance parameters. Stick with the GOOD STUFF - Case/IH HyTran Ultra.
Here's the Viscosity Oil cross-references
http://www.viscosityoil.com/hy-tran.htm
http://www.viscosityoil.com/nexplore_fluid.htm

I finally found the 782 I've been looking for for a couple of years. I'm picking up this beauty on Thursday.

285697.jpg

Hey all... As you know I'm working on my 124 (new carb parts come tomorrow)

Any who, the choke on the console is really "tough" to pull.. By tough I mean just using two fingers isn't enough.. Pushing it back in is no issue

Anything I can do to improve the travel in the cable?

Also, how would you recommend preventing the ignition wire from the top of the coil to the spark plug from getting abraded by the throttle linkage/cable?

Thanks =)

Latest posts

Back