• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 20, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John B, Nice looking machines! Looks like the girls were enjoying themselves. }

Motorized Easter Eggs!
thumbsup_old.gif
thumbsup.gif
happy.gif

I'm new to this forum so hopefully I'm posting this in the right place. I'm looking to find out the year of my IH Cub Cadet 682 serial number is 2050601U752843. Anybody that could help me out it would be greatly appreciated

Dang it, john your getting the tractors cleaned up and painted quicker then I can get mine out of storage, great job, I still think your probably gonna spread some yellow fever

Sean P - couple things. Your apparent 682 shows on the list I have to be a 782. The first 3 digits are supposed to be the Kind Code. In your case 205 means it's a Cub Cadet Garden Tractor. The next 4 digits, in your case 0601 are to identify your Model. For IH built units until 6/81 and for the CCC built until 1984 the 0601 would be assigned to a Model 782. Since you say it's a 682 it may have been built after 1984 and I don't have production info for those years. Your actual serial number are the last 6 digits after the U. In your case 762843 is past those units built in 1984. So overall I don't know what model or actual unit you have. It would have been built by Cub Cadet Corporation, Cleveland, OH, which should be stated on the serial number tag on the side of your frame. You might find more info in the thread for CCC built units.

Sarah K - yup, lefty loosey, righty tighty is correct for the hydro relief valves.
Couple things:
1 - before you put the WD-40 on did you notice any fluid around one of the valves? If so you could have a faulty valve, not easily repaired but replaceable.
2 - do your valves have the little center buttons? If so and one is stuck down or part way down, that's also why you don't have reverse.
3 - if your valves do NOT have the little center buttons then you have the newer auto release style that came into production around the mid point of the Quiet Line tractors like your 1250.
4 - the valves are interchangable except you really need both to be the same style to operate correctly (both with the little buttons, or both withOUT the buttons).
5 - to verify a valve problem you can switch them side to side. Doing this should give you reverse but no forward drive IF your problem is one of these valves.
6 - there are lots of these valves available. New is pretty costly so I'd investigate getting a used one of the same style you have (button or no button) that looks good and clean, and if you can find out it was known to work at the time removed. You can try posting in the Wanted Section on here. I'll bet someone has a known good one available.

John B - you know, I gotta admit I like those colors. Very nice looking units you have there.

John,

Wonderful Pic, and again, for what you have done for those girls, good job, Dad! I hope they run the wheels off of them, or at least, try.

What is the brand of the tire on the back of the purple tractor? they look like something akin to the Firestone Town and Country.

Thanks Harry - I figured my luck they were threaded backwards and I'd really mess things up. There are no buttons on the valves, and there was a mess of gunked up fluid around the valves, so I bet it is bad. I've got a 1450 as a parts tractor, so I'll try pulling that valve tomorrow to swap in. Thanks for the words of wisdom!

Sarah- I had mine rebuilt and am very happy with the results. I sent you an email with details, since the guy operates via that online auction site that we don't promote here. Good luck.

Brian W - I believe them to be firestone brand. I have a few cubs out back around the 71 model that had these tires - these were originally on my 100 I just refurb'd this winter and my daughter wanted those over bar tires!

Latest posts

Back