• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 20, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellwood

displayname
Brian Ellwood
Thanks all for the comments...

I got a new screen and gasket for the fuel bowl... Carb rebuild kit + the motor side gasket and a new front belt...

Parts are coming Wednesday... I figure I spend the week getting the cub cleaned up a bit and then get the parts off and go for it this weekend with the carb...

I'm hoping the carb is in decent shape inside and the kit is all I need... Worst case it's looking like ~$200 to buy one new from cub cadet (or elsewhere if it's recommended)...

Happy Easter all

Harry-

One needs a 3/8" deep well socket to remove the seat. The socket needs to be shaved down like the one I have pictured so it will go down between the pin posts and over the seat.

285635.jpg

Need Help on Power steering
I just replaced the seals in the power steering unit on my 1872 that was leaking fluid at the steering whel shaft seal. I did not disassemble the rotor unit. I reassembled what I thought was correctly from the manual.
It steers fine but the steering wheel will skip ahead about 20 degrees at each stop. It will accumilate this error each time the wheel is turned back and forth so it ends up back where it started with the cap logo upright when straight ahead. I checked all the supply connections from the manual and they are ok. I also tried to bleed all the air. Any ideas from you experts out there?

Our family had a real nice Easter with the grand kids hunting the eggs and toys outside.After feeding 4 boys and their families I made use of their presence while they were here by telling them I had 2 problems in the pole barn.They jumped right in and before you knew it the 782 was purring like a kitten.We put new points in it,cleaned the carb and away it went.Seems to me like there is excessive c/c pressure pumping into the air cleaner.Just alittle too much oil up there.
The 1200 is running great with the ammeter working,lights working and even has a new A/L216 in it.Thanks to all who gave me advice.Is this forum Wonderfull?
Dan

I had my new "extra wide" QA 50" #2 tiller on the 982 Special Saturday........8"-9" deep, 50" wide, and the 20hp was nearly on it's knees a few times!!!!! Amazing thing is that the little 1/2" belt on the final tiller drive took all 20hp with out a hitch!!!

Also pulled a few hundred feet of 70 year old wolven wire fence at the church cemetery with the loader......teeth on the bucket made quick work of digging out the bottom few wires buried in the old fence row........love hydraulic power
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Daniel G.

I had plowed the area first before using the tiller. Some places the clay was so hard packed I needed to angle the plow point more than usual to keep the plow in the ground. The clay didn't stick to the tines. But it sure did stick to the shield.

Harry B.

I don't have the spare time to do tilling for others right now. The wife keeps me busy. Maybe when I retire in a few more years.

Wayne - that's why I use a 1/4" drive. Don't have to shave the outside of the socket down - well at least on the deep well 1/4" Crapsman I have.

Narrow frame hydraulic lift return springs: Theres a "4 coil" spring and a "5 coil" spring. I have both. Anyone know which is the better to use?

These are my 5th and 6th hydraulic units I've owned, I've never had two apart at the same time. The only failure of the springs I've seen is one of the "legs" gets broken off, probably not the number of coils being the contributing factor.

Hi There Everyone
I am wondering if anyone knows the compression reading for a Cub Cadet 125?

Have a Great Day!

Calvin, due to the compression release mechanism in the Kohler K301 it is not possible to get a compression reading using normal methods. Here's an excerpt from the IH/Kohler Service Manual regarding checking compression.

285678.jpg

STEVE B. - Building or tearing out fence is the #1 job a loader is great for. We used to build a quarter to half mile of hog fence every spring, two guys, two Farmall's, one with the loader, the other with the post hole digger.

Don't miss building fence one little bit!

SON was up this weekend, we put the new points/condensor in the Onan in the 982, started right up and ran smooth. We'll see how long that lasts!

Steve B - looking at the same deal for removing some fence myself at my Dad's old camp. The stuff is rusted woven wire fence and wasn't very good when new either. A lot of it has been knocked down and is trampled under orchard grass over the years. This fence is between mowed yard and hay fields - just trying to clean things-up a bit. I've thought about fabbing a sleeve hitch'd drag of some sort, perhaps with some large 8 or 10 inch nails (like what is sold to anchor down tents) welded to a frame. The idea is to put just enough weight to comb through the grass and fence to clump/gather it up so you can get your hands around it in the first place. I've got a Kwik-Way loader on another color tractor, but no spikes on the front of the bucket. I'm thinking a drag of some sort might do the trick.

Might continue the 126 updates this evening. Maybe a Hytran fluid change.

HI,I AM GOING TO BUILD A CUB CADET 1450 4WD NEED HELP ON GEAR RATIO? THANKS TO ALL

Does anyone know Shane Peterson? He last logged on in 2011, and email address doesn't work. He posted a pic back on 7/17/07 of a 3PTH core aerator that is something I would like to buy/build, but haven't seen anything like it - can only find the cheapo pull type core aerators. Anyone know who made this unit, or is it a custom fab??
285681.jpg

Brian, it is called a Yard Tuff Drum Spike Aerator - 36in.W, Model# SE-40 Look this up in your search engine and go from there.

Quick question before I break something too bad: my 1250 isn't wanting to reverse, but forward is fine. I'm changing the fluid and generally cleaning the hydro, and I've seen a couple of places to clean the two valves under the tunnel cover as the hopeful fix fo this problem. My question is just to confirm that those valves are regular lefty-loosey thread. They're soaking overnight in wd-40, but dang they're not wanting to budge, and I hope I'm going the right direction! thanks for any voices of experience!

Got the 72 done just in time for both girls to give them a workout yesterday for easter!

285684.jpg

Latest posts

Back