Archive through April 17, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kweaver

displayname
KENtuckyKEN
Mike - Within the last 2 weeks that was asked. Look back and you'll find it.
Short answer = yes with mods.

Frank - 2 hrs with Don on the phone = better than in person
clappy.gif

I like the 234 ... cute little bugger

Donald Tanner and Charlie "Digger" Proctor
Thanks for the help.
bouncy.gif
I got the snow plow figured out. I also discovered that the trunion shaft is worn out. The spring has about 1/4 - 3/8 inch of slop in the length and close to the same in the width. The cam plate is also worn out. Is there a way to remove those two plates.
1a_scratchhead.gif
I'm a machinst and have a lot of equipment that i can use.

Hello,
I got a, look what followed me home moment, the other nite. Lady I work with her mother and dad bought this 122 used in 1971 and have had it ever since. Her mother bought a new Cub Cadet this spring and didn't have the room to keep this one..........but I do. The lady I work with of course asked me if i was interested in it and well the next evening it was following me home. The only thing the matter with it is the typical hole cut in the frame above the gearshift to change a roll pin, beyond that the tractor is super clean, always been in the garage and covered, no smoke and starts easily and always maintained every spring. The white seat is flawless, no rips, tears or holes.

188652.jpg

188653.jpg

188654.jpg

188655.jpg

188656.jpg

Bryce - Check the FAQ above, there's a link there to Charlie's FAQ that'll give you the info.

Brian - I hate you !
whistling.gif

The 122 is my favorite ! That one looks good !

Ken,
Thanks, yeah it's pretty nice and I've always wanted a 122 too. I've worked with this lady for over 16yrs I knew her mom had one but she didn't even know what model it was when she mentioned it to me yrs ago. Anyhow it's been along time since that conversation, and the other day she just said outta the blue my mom bought a new Cadet last week are you interested in her old one (silly question). I asked her to send me some pics of it, so that nite she sends me 2 pics to my phone and I sent them to the computer to get a better look and geez I was surprised at how nice it was..the rest is history.

I changed out the mechanical PTO clutch brake on the 129 this morning with a new one Charlie sent. The 35 yr. old one was down to micrometers. (but still working fine). All fluids and filters were changed.. with both systems the recipient of Cerma. Valve clearance and timing also. Didn't have to touch the timeing/points with the PointsSaver onboard. (checked with a timing light). So the tractor is ready for the mowing season on my 2 acres. It also likes it's new home as opposed the pump shed it used to live in.

As an aside to the picture,,,,, the Yamaha receiver and Infinity speakers were dug out of storage after more than 27 yrs., plugged in yesterday and sounded great!!! Brought back memories of Pink, Lead, Edgar, Jimmy and for you really old guys (like me) the Beach Boys, Mamma's and Pappa's etc. And to keep this paragraph on topic, the vibrations helped to drain the last remaining drops of oil out of the crankcase....

188659.jpg

Bryce Jensen
there should be a horse shoe cilp on the end of the pivot . You will see it close to the top of the frame. It`s hard to get the clip pliers in there but it has ben done.btdt.Also you will prob need new spring for the hydro and I have been putting washer in mine because I like the way they work. Good luck .... later Don
thumbsup_old.gif

check this out here number 33 http://cubfaq.com/questions.html

Richard Tunison

that speaker thing made me
clappy.gif
clappy.gif
. I have a Yamaha RX-397 receiver with Bose book shelp speakers and cerwin Vega speakers in my shop and 2 out side Bose by the pool,Love music does anyone rember BTO , or a Canadian band The Standpeders, Sittin on the Dock by the Bay. lol Don T
old.gif

Richard S.
Are we to assume that the kill switch as you call it is an ignition switch for the 1000 you show you have in your profile?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Thin ice.... I know. Hi Bryan and Charlie. The Rev. and Hydro Harry too. Grin And of course.....
Kentuck. Great to see your humor back.

Well,
The 126 came back to life today.
I cleaned up all the connections and points, also took off the carb and dipped it.
Replaced the solenoid and put in a new Battery.
Turned the key and ignition!
Tweeked the carb, and that 126 runs smoother than any of my other cubs.
After a spin around the yard, I find that the steering needs to be tightened up.
But all in all, I'm pretty pumped up about how smooth this thing runs.
Thanks for your encouragement.
Brad

I just gotta ask this question !

Does this guy know who he is or not ??
188662.gif

... can't EVEN spell his own name ...
taunt.gif

brad rainey
You will have to watch for the bugs with that big smile.
thumbsup_old.gif

Latest posts

Back