• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through April 17, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terry-

It runs and drives great and stuff, but... I don't fit on it. NF gear drives are a pain to work on. I think it's ugly. A loader should not be on a gear drive. It is also currently a cobbled mess. I'll have to take care of that before I can sell it once the loader is off of it.

I guess a 1282 probably would have been better...although at this point, I could probably get an engine from a 1200/1250 and put it in there...

Matt Gonitzke

Your a lucky guy because (I (err, my Dad actually) ran across an affordable,) I think he bought you the last two tractors. I got to find me someone to buy me tractors. Lets see another Diesel but a super and well a 123 would be nice to have also.That 682 does look like it has nice tin and not to bad shape.Do you think Dad would buy me a tractor? I would give it a good home.
clappy.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif
old.gif

Kendall Ide

wops Kendell, there I got that right
1a_scratchhead.gif
. I have found its usually a good idea to pay the extra few cents and replace the valve stem (every time)I put new tires on anything .When I bought my last trailer it had Michelin winter p rated alpines on it and they came off and I installed four new trailer tires for about $325.00 . I will have to make some covers for them soon. Good luck on the drive home.

I guess everybody is still sleeping !
I got no answer for my post (By Donald Tanner (Dtanner) on Friday, April 16, 2010 - 08:53 am
happy.gif
so I will have to do a lot of searching to find some info.
Don T

Don:
It's been a couple of years, bot this 'un had all new valve stems, but the dead tire is missing its valve stem.....gonna wait around here until Wally World automotive opens - lady last night said she had trailer tires in stock (Goodyears...........
bash.gif
)

KENDELL - Sorry for your bad luck on the trailer tire. Broken tubeless valve stems are not uncommon.

FRANK C. - Guess I didn't understand the topic of You & Don's conversations. Yep, my suggestions would be for DON to "Tint His SHOP PINK". Make that diesel 2150 RED. Maybe decal it a 782D even.

MATT G. - Guess I better pull the loader off my Super H, loader is already off the M. Start looking for a Hydro 86 or ???? ;-)

Been my experience with hydro CC's that you run out of hands when trying to run them AND hyd. controls for the loader AND steer the tractor. Kinda like running a loader on one of those old pop-pop tractors with a hand clutch. You got 3-4 things to run with only two hands and something has to wait.
BTO Farmer I used to work for in HS & college had a Case 420 Industrial tractor for his loader tractor, 4-speed with shuttle-shift reverser, really strong hydraulics, nice little loader tractor. Township road dept. had a slightly newer Case 530 Construction King TLB with 4-speed, same shuttle-shift reverser but also a torque converter. THAT was a loader tractor! I loaded a WHOLE lot of trucks with that thing over the 2-3 yrs I worked there. Really worked nice loading rock, chips, sand. I could put 24,000# on the spreader truck in six buckets and less than four minutes and that includes starting the tractor and letting it cool for a bit before shutting it off. With that torque converter you could really crowd the pile and come away with a heaping bucket load of whatever you were loading every time.

With any loader tractor with a clutch you have to be real careful how you treat the clutch. Most people tend to "ride the clutch pedal" which knocks out throw-out bearings in a hurry.

Don-

Heh...I got him hoooked...he goes to auctions when I'm not home and looks for Cub Cadet stuff. He's going to another one today.

Dennis-

I'm probably going to design a foot control for it. And remove the lift handle so it's out of the way.

Matt,
With your engineering AND fabrication skills, you could turn that into a foot control hydro and relocate the lift. I have the ideas for these things, but lack the fab skills and the machinery to do it.

Don T.
I just went out and looked at my 450.
From what I see, your gonna have to take that flange bearing and fab something up, as it's not something that is a common piece, from what I can find.
But for around $6.00, I can't see where it would be worth the time to modify what's there IMHO.

Charlie "Digger" Proctor

Thanks for your effort. I read somewhere were someone put real bearings on the end of the shafts and thought it might be something I should do also. But if those sleeves are just $6.00 each I guess I might as well just replace them. I have my welder friend coming here shortly to look at the welding I want done. As soon as I get the 5th wheel moved I will glass blast the 450 and paint it. I hope to find a manual soon to see what type of grease to use in the gear box. Thanks Don T

Latest posts

Back