• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through April 09, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David - If you're only using a spark tester to check the spark (and not grounding the plug like I suggested) a tester will show good spark with a dead condensor. = no start ;) BTDT

thumbsup.gif

Just a thought , check and see if there's any wiring grounding out.

No. Even a new plug can get so wet it won't fire inside the cylinder. Got another new, dry plug to try? H10C is the right plug. Some prefer the Autolite 216, if I remember right.

Well it shouldn't be soaking wet unless you cranked and choked it alot. You've got gas, you've got vaccum, so you're not getting fire and/or at the right time. I still say timing or a grounded wire.

You might try rolling it over by hand with the plug out and seeing if you have spark when the piston is up.

yes I do have another plug to try. I have tried starting it and immediatly pulling the current plug out and it is wet and smelling like gas. I guess I will try another new plug. any reason why the plug would be wet?

If you've been flooding it you might be getting a crankcase full of gas. I've seen engines sorta blow up from that. Done my 4.3L that way once, messed up a good valve cover
biggrin.gif

Like Ken said, too much gas (cranking a lot with choke closed). Ken: what would knock the timing out from sitting since last spring? ACR hanging up?

Took the 1450 and the tiller out for the first time. I have to say overall I was pleased with the tiller. The belts stayed on and it operates very smoothly. However, when standing behind the tractor the right side of the tiller sits lower than the left. I checked to make sure I had it mounted in the same holes on both sides- I do. I have thoroughly looked it over and can't seem to figure it out unless something is bent. I couldn't imagine a cub being strong enough to bend one of the 4 mounting arms. Am I missing something?

Latest posts

Back