• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 07, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcdowell

displayname
Andy McDowell
Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone regarding my 128. I have not been able to spend time working on it the past couple days. The plan is this weekend.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks, Andy

What size hitch pin do you guys usually use with a Brinly plow and sleeve hitch adapter?

need some help please.
I recently purchased a new voltage regulator from a sponsor and its a non oem style im having some trouble figuring out the new wiring to it the old one has bat, gen, f, ground terminals and the new one has L, Bat, F, and gen in marker on the bottom terminal but before i hook it up and release the mystical blue smoke i would like another opinion, the gen and bat are pretty straight forward but the L and F terminals have me kinda turned around, since the undersides dont look the same. on the old one i have a wire going from the f to the ground terminal and on the new one i have one from the f to the undersind of the reg. any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks josh

Josh, this might help:

223703.jpg

Also click HERE for more electrical diagrams. You didn't mention what model Cub Cadet you are installing the regulator in but there should be a wiring diagram at the link that covers it.

Doug , I use 5/8" x 4" to 5" hitch pin. Shorter is better if plowing, so debris won't accumulate underneath.
Shift.gif

Was offered a 1512 today with a 50" deck today...... $2,500.00.
drool.gif

Not sure I can justify the $$$$$

Any thoughts???

Mike Patterson

A 1512 Diesel for 2500.00 sound good if its in good shape. Depends on what you have to do to it .
I can tell you they are great on fuel , they sip it.

sorry.gif

kraig, im putting the regulator on my 129 ive looked at the diagrams but according to your picture the one i am replacing looks to be a 70/100 and the one i am replacing it with is the other. i guess my next question would be the ground wire do i hook it up to the load (L) terminal or ? It seems to me thats the only place it could go but I dont want to burn it up before i get to play with it.

Don T.

Its supposed to be in good shape for its age. Its the mechanic I work with that is selling it. He has that and a Kubota that he inherited from his father when he passed away a couple months ago. He wants to get rid of them both and get soemthing newer and more user friendly for the wife. I am always leery buying something from a mechanic - no offence to anyone here who is a mechanic - have heard some horror stories in the past!?? If its anything like his house and his vehicles that he drives - it has to be in good shape!
drool.gif

A question about stake pocket on a #1 cart came up the other day on a field trip to the Dear John Combine plant in Moline Illinois. Taken from 1969 IH Parts & Accs. booklet.
223706.jpg

Mike Patterson

If you know the owner ask him to let you have it a weekend to use . that way you will know if it has some problems . I have put over 17 hrs running on my 1512 on one take of fuel.I find they run smooth and lots of power with the diesel. I would buy another one if I could find one in good shape.Just the fuel savings mowing a large lawn over gas would make it worth it to own one.I can help you with most all repairs you might need , just ask.
old.gif

Mike Patterson
You buy it and when i`am up there (Trenton) in July I will come visit you and if its in good shape , I will make you an offer lol.
vroom.gif

TOM - Technically speaking, JD Harvester is in EAST Moline, 1100 - 13th Ave is the offical addy. My F-i-L retired from there. Quite a place... I've been all around the outside of the place but never had the tour. Four MILLION square feet under roof, about twice the size of Farmall. I forget which show it was, "How It's Made" or something like that did ALL the JD plants incl Harvester, Horicon, think even Waterloo Tractor plant.

There was a HUGE flat concrete paved lot about a half mile to 3/4 mile due west, (towards Moline/Rock Island) down river of JD Harvester right on the river bank between 12th Ave EM and the river. That was Case/IH's East Moline plant. McLaughlin Body is the biggest place left between the old IH plt & Harvester. Keep going WEST, down river about four miles and you'll run right into the old Main Gate of Farmall. Hope all the green/yellow corn planters I saw sitting around there 3-4 months ago are gone.

Did the tour take you to "The Commons"?

Not sure I want to know HOW or WHY stake pockets on a CC cart came up on that trip....

Speaking of manufacturing plants, Article made the Chicago Tribune yesterday. Guy retired from IHC Melrose Engine plant after SIXTY YEARS of service, yes, 60 yrs, 720 MONTHS. He started there at age 18 in 1951. In 60 years he missed FIVE days of work total. Drove a fork truck the last 30-some years.

L = Load = 12v+ = DEAD SHORT if hooked to the ground wire.

The VR is likely grounded internally to it's mounting base if there is no ground connection.

The L connection was for things like lights, etc. in other applications.

mr. plow
thanks that clears things up a little better.
thanks to all that helped
josh

Dennis,
We all have our crosses to bear, No green at my place.

I saw that lot on the way to the Pavilion but wasn't sure if that was the IH plant, now I know to bow my head as I go by. If you talking about the lot at the N/W corner of 7th st. & 12 Ave. if you google map it their ooks to be some red combines there.

What is the "Commons"?

Dennis,
That's just nuts! I work with people that miss that many days in a 3 week period. Although, I guess I can't say much - have called in sick twice in the last 12 years of my work. Only because I couldn't see (had eye surgery, and the wife said I was nuts if I went to work!).

Don,

I think I will have to sorry - I don't think the wife will run with that idea. I would - but I am darn sure the wife would tell me and the Cub to hit the road! So Trenton....darn, only 2 hours West of me. Nice to see more Cub guys in my area.

im transferring deck hardware from a 48" rev.2 deck to a 48" rev 3 deck. i bought a NOS 48" deck pan, at the time i bought the deck pan i didnt know there were 3 revisions of 48" deck pans on narrow frame cub cadets. looking at the parts diagrams on parts-tree i see that the revision 3 decks did not have any wheels. what should i do? do i need to weld the wheels from my existing deck onto the new deck pan, or is the rev 3 deck designed to work without wheels? the only other difference i could see between these 2 deck pans is that it appears that the holes for the right side upper cover are in 2 different spots. are there any other differences i need to be aware of?

Went on a CC road trip this evening.
Shift.gif
Will post some pics tomorrow cause it's my bedtime. 5am comes early.

Latest posts

Back