• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 05, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Guys just added newer cub 1710 Hydro cub to my 107, 127, 147/167 collection. The 1710 has 780 hrs on it. Runs great but the only problem is that it has no reverse. Checked the hydro and it is full. Is there a check valve that needs to adjusted or replaced or maybe cleaned?

I went cadet hunting today(must be crazy becaus I havent even finished my 122) just when I was about to give up I spoted a mtd built 782 hydro
with a hydro lift and a deck it looked decent guy wanted 700 for it is this a good price.

Dennis-ken, Thanks for the reply! Yes there were a few extra gaskets and I was shorted one exaust port gasket. Opps. The cork ones kind of make me wander whats up. I also save every old gasket and seal that I get for anything. Has saved the day more than once. Engine manual says nothing about a lot of things on this engine!

Lucas,,, look over the engine well! They are a bit hard on the wallet!

This is what i'm dealing with tonight,

187766.jpg

187767.jpg

The 2010 f-150 looks undented, but I'll check the roof in the morning.

ok here is the problem. i have a 1450, It will crank over but it will not start. i have good spark. Can a blown head gasket prevent it from starting?? i did notice that i had some old oil around the head. I have replaced the spark plug, carb, I am at a loss. any suggestions thankes
larin

CHRIS - I had a brand new 4 month old F-150 get hailed on 23 yrs ago. I moved it as far into the 1-stall garage as I could about 2 AM but the damage was already done. I'd backed it into the driveway so when I moved it I drove into the street to turn around. When I got back in front of the garage I saw half the neighbor's HUGE Willow tree sitting where My truck had been parked 30 seconds before! It was a bad deal but could have been MUCH worse!

Michael M., are you looking for a photo of a mower deck sub-frame or dozer blade sub-frame?
187772.gif

Brandon, you could swap out the hydro release valves and see if you then have reverse but no forward, if so, you have one bad valve. Be sure to clean up the area around the valves before you remove them, you don't want to get dirt in the hydro.
icon_eek.gif

Chris E., bummer, I hate hail!
187773.gif

Larin, yes a blown head gasket could cause a loss of compression which would = no start. YOu mentioned you have spark, is the plug dry? If so, it may not be getting fuel.

Chris E., here's a sample of the hail that hit my place back in May 2008, my house did get a new roof out of the deal. This hail is small compared to the hail that hit Terry B's place several years ago, IIRC some of that hail was bigger than tennis balls.
yikes.gif

187775.jpg

187776.jpg

Thanks Kraig. I'll try that first thing this afternoon. There is some strong weather headed into Michigan this morning. Will let you know how things turn out.

Looking for a cross reference part/manufacturer for the front mule drive idler pulleys on a quietline tractor. Purchased a used tiller mule drive locally, and it is missing one of the idler pulleys, and the other one has a bad bearing in it.

On my 682 I'm looking to replace the metal mesh headlight grill screen. Is the screen on the 1872 the same size and interchangeable? My torn screen is 5 1/2" x 15 1/2"

Thanks.

ROB N. - I've checked several farm & home stores for those mule drive idler pulleys and actually my local CC dealer is cheaper for the correct parts. Maybe some place like McMaster-Carr, Motion Ind. or Graingers would have something that would work.

I've gotten my money's worth out of a couple of my idler pulleys. About 12 yrs ago my mule drive belt was slipping a bit, then I noticed the outer bearing race of the idler pulley was worn half way thru the inner race AND the mounting bolt. Lots of blue steel and burned paint on that pulley! Lucky it didn't catch the belt on fire!

Charlie is right, a nice gentlmen at Madson's told me that I didn't need 2 of the IH-493164-R1 pulleys for 80 bucks each, that I could get 2 of the IH-61176-C91 pulleys for 19.30 each. Wish my local cub dealer was so forthcoming with that type of information. Ordered 2 pulleys from Madson's who had them in stock!

Charlie - You'd better take that hand and do some "upside the head" work around here.

Back