• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 04, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Norm, It was easier for me to install the cradle in the frame first then the engine. Same way taking it out.

Wayne S.
I was at HF the the other day and sure enough. On one of the end caps they had a mess of Gear Wrench tools. First I'd ever seen them there.

Norm - I just installed a 14 hp engine in my 1650 last night. When I took the engine out, I unbolted the cradle and took the engine and cradle out at the same time - it wasn't easy, but I was newer then to Cub Cadets than I am now. When I put the engine back into the tractor, I put the cradle in and set the engine in after that. Even though it was a pain in the arse, I have to believe that's easier than putting the engine/cradle assy into the tractor at the same time - especially when trying to get the isolators centered on the engine rails and the PTO shaft lined-up on the engine too. Good luck!

Okay, will go with installing the cradle in the frame first. Wish me luck!

Thanks

In the past you've heard me complain about the vibration of my 1450. I just pulled the engine out to repair an oil leak in the pan so thought I'd take another look at these ISO mounts. The P.O. said he bought new mounts about two years ago and they look fine to me. Knowing him, I assume he replaced them with original CC mounts. I don't know, I've never seen a set so I'm posting pictures of what I got and how I think they should go together. Please enlighten me if you will.
256697.jpg

256698.jpg

256699.jpg

256700.jpg

256701.jpg

256702.jpg

256703.jpg

My ISO set looks like Charlie's third picture down (one set). If so, and I have a correct set, how does it go together? Do I have it assembled correctly?

Wayne, the show is in two weeks. If anybody is wondering what show Wayne is referring to it is the California Antique Farm Equipment Show in Tulare, CA on April 19-21. They will probably be 1000 tractors and trucks there.

Latest posts

Back