• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

All Things Deer

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shultzie, CUBgratulations on the first deer with a bow! Your son looks mighty proud of that doe, or more likely of you.
happy.gif

I'm still working on my first bow kill...

Nick,
Surely he had it mounted! The only reason I can think of why not, is because he has one larger.

Shultzie,
Nice score! You guys can have the bow hunting. Around here the mosquitoes go hunting for bowhunters!

Shultzie;

Congrats on your first archery harvest! I'm sure there will be many more to come.

Took me three years for my first compound harvest;another four when I went traditional,all the while missing some very nice south Bama bucks!
Nock on!
thumbsup.gif
!

Marty, the first thing we asked him was why the heck he cut the horns off. He has some nice ones, but not that big. Should have been a shoulder mount anyway. Nick

Nick, you mean he cut the antlers off and didn't cape it out before hand?
1a_scratchhead.gif
a_blink2.gif
icon_eek.gif
facepalm.gif

Yep, just like you would hang it off the old wooden plaque kind of deal. Couldn't believe it either.

Gun season opened today. Put a buck in the cooler this morning. Decent size deer, but the rack was small (cull deer). Gotta weed out those scrawny racks you know! I noticed the deer had some ticks on it. That is kinda odd for this time of year.

Had a good opening day hunting this year.
Fill all the doe tags and 1 nice size 4 pointer.

I got this 9 pnt. Saturday morning. Opening day of shotgun.
150 lbs.
board-post.pl

board-post.pl

Hummmm..... Hood ordament? lol
board-post.pl

looks like more nice racks in the background

all of them look good

A Cub 73...= 7hp. So one deer power is equal to 7 horses ? Wow...strong critters ! How did you get it to stick its head thru the hood for the picture ? ?
facepalm.gif
dunno.gif

I'm more interested in your slug gun set-up...whatcha shootin? What is your choice in slugs?

Bobby,
This is an H&R 20ga. Slug Hunter Deluxe. I won it in a raffle about 4 years ago. Nice gun! I just use Lightfield slugs. They're cheaper and shoot nice.
This is a picture when I first got it.
249231.jpg

Shultzie;

Thought it was an H&R...when I hunt Ft.Rucker I use my Remington 1100 with a fully rifled slug barrel 12 gauge,with Copper-Solid slugs or the Accu-Tip,but I need to downsize...gettin old!
Three questions:
Is the barrel rifled?
How is the trigger pull?
What kind of groups do you get at 50 and 100 yds?
Thanks,Bobby B....
Shotgun.gif

Bobby, I'm not a weapons owner but remember in the military some guys couldn hit the broad side of a barn, let alone an enemy. Your asking about groups at 100 yds...slugs go that far ! Gotta use a small chunk of C4 to get them there? How many can one fire before your shoulder is in pain ??
Shotgun.gif

Bobby & Shultzie,
I shoot an H&R Ultra Slug Hunter 20 gauge as well. I use Remington Accu-Tips and it is an honest 200 yard plus gun. My first deer with it was 143 yards. Zero at 100 yards, aim center mass at a deer from 25-200 yards, and it is dead.

I forced myself to to to a single shot (was an Army machine gunner hard habit to break) and it was the best choice I ever made.
I have not missed in 3 seasons= 10 dead deer.

Back