• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

All Things Deer

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cathleen: You got me chuckling on the "jello holding up concrete" remark. I've had/have issues with my back. The therapist pointed to my girth and blamed my poor core strength, but the biggest improvement seems to have come from not driving my MGB anymore.
happy.gif

Seriously, as one ages, one learns to care for one's body as a matter of necessity.
smile.gif

Jeremiah, well fracture your pelvis try to stand up and walk..
247025.gif
You CAN'T.!! I do things I shouldnt and I hear this from the doc : NOW WHAT DID YOU DO?
247026.gif
I'm my own worse enemy. I could start a thread on my KLUTZiNESS...hehehe..wonder if anyone else is.. ( insert evil snicker here). I feel for you though on having back issues..when the back hurts, the whole body seems to.

Take care of yourself, ok?

angel.gif
Cathleen

Went out Saturday for the first day of early Pa muzzleloader. Got this one around 9am with my Lyman .50 Flintlock.
247060.jpg

Jeff Baker,

Yes, the juice comes from the meat.

Cathleen,

You have definitely had your share of back/bone problems! Sorry to hear that.
I know some about back problems. I have done some stupid things in my early years. I can not stand in one place very long before my back starts hurting. I can sit fine (as long as it's cushioned), but standing is another issue. While canning deer, I am all over the place until the steam is up on the canner. Then I will go into the living room and sit on the couch where I can still see the pressure gauge.

Looks like Nick has a little work cut out for him!
biggrin.gif

Nick, nice whitetail you got yourself. do you butcher it out yourself? enjoy the good eating..!!

Marty, geez, sorry your back is ouchie too. just keep moving..lol, that does help.

angel.gif
Cathleen

Allen, I sat and listened to the " Donna the Deer Lady" call in to the radio station~it was priceless
247525.gif
.! I first thought maybe she was pulling their legs, but then knew she was serious!!! I don't know how the radio hosts held it together while talking to her but I have to hand it to them for being so respectful towards her. At least she has the ability to laugh at herself ( a lot of peoples ego's get in their way), but I felt so sad to hear that it has been children who have been bullying her. What kind of parents are raising such bullys? Big bullys? sad, sad, sad!!!

The warning for the deer?
247526.gif
I hope its posted where they can all read it.

angel.gif
Cathleen

Allen, I sat and listened to the " Donna the Deer Lady" call in to the radio station~it was priceless.! I first thought maybe she was pulling their legs, but then knew she was serious!!! I don't know how the radio hosts held it together while talking to her but I have to hand it to them for being so respectful towards her. At least she has the ability to laugh at herself ( a lot of peoples ego's get in their way), but I felt so sad to hear that it has been children who have been bullying her. What kind of parents are raising such bullys? Big bullys? sad, sad, sad!!!

The warning for the deer? I hope its posted where they can all read it.

angel.gif
Cathleen

We seen a once in a lifetime scene yesterday. A momma deer was laying in the cow pasture, obviously in labor. A cow was standing beside her licking her neck and back as if to console her. We stopped and the deer wasn't afraid of us at a distance of 50 yards, so we didn't disturb them. Of course i didn't have the camera. The 14 yo niece had took it out of the truck.

Fawns are normal this time of year in Tennessee? The rut is just about starting, here.

Wow Luther, what a sight to behold, huh? That had to be incredible to come upon. How unusual though that the doe would go into labor/delivery out in an open field Also, a late birth, as normally fawns are born in the springbut maybe the cycles are different in warmer states? AND the cow tending to and expressing comfort to the doe.!! The creature beings certainly don't have the boundries we humans have.

thanks for sharing
angel.gif
Cathleen

luther great story too bad no pics but thanks for sharing

Luther, are you sure it was in labor? I'd be really surprised if it was because it's several months off from when a deer would normally give birth. Are you sure it was not injured? Perhaps by a run in with a vehicle or by some other means? Regardless, very interesting thing to see with the cow tending to it.

My offering on late fawn births...our bow season started 15th of Oct...plenty of spots out there...does usually birth from middle Aug to late Sept...but our rut usually runs from late Dec to early Feb,but peaks in mid Jan. Personnaly,I think the high doe-to-buck ratio has a large impact on that...lot of old school hunters still won't take a doe,even though we can harvest two deer a day,but only one of those can be a buck. Years of shooting young bucks has really depleted most of the southern states buck population,but DNCR is trying promote QDM...it is getting better. Wow,almost tripped steppin' off my soapbox!
Shotgun.gif
!

Deer having young this time of year is common here. It is also very common to see a deer with twins or ocassionaly even triplets. I am going back to that pasture with my camera,and hopefully she will still be there with the cattle.Will se if i can get pictures.

Luther, thanks I learned something new. We see twins up here quite often as well but not so much with triplets. Hopefully you can get some photos.

Bobby, thanks, what you wrote about the high doe-to-buck ratio makes sense too.

Back