• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

A cab for my 1712 and a question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwheeland

displayname
Matthew D. Wheeland
Just got the cab mounted that I bought from Chris Westfall. I had to make some small changes to the mounts but it didn't take much. I will enjoy it more the next time we get a windy snow fall here in PA.I was a little scared that it wouldn't fit my tractor, but if it was not for my Cat "o" three point on the rear. I think all the brackets would have worked.
114125.jpg
114126.jpg

The only problem that I see so far is when I put on my snow blower. The crank handle for the chute is to high and not long enough to get all the way into the cab. This is not a real problem for I can make it work. There is one other small problem to. I cannot get the hood up to check the oil in the engine. might be a problem. Have not come up with an idea for that. Do any of you have a Idea on how I can check the oil with the cab on?
114127.jpg
114128.jpg

The other question that I have is. Have any of you put a electric moter on to rotate the chute of the snow blower or is there a kit to do this? I found something on ebay that might work. But it is for a kobota. Thought it would be nice to have a button to push instead of the cranck handle. What do you guys think? One other thing, is it the 451 snow blower that is gear lower or the 450. My snow blower works, but don't shot the snow very far. I'm doing good if I can get it to chute it six feet away. I would like to do better. I saw a green tractor getting it more the 10 feet away and it made me cry. An also hate the guy on the tractor. Ha Ha.
Would like to say thanks to chris for the cab. It works great and I will keep you in mind the next time I need something.

Matt; I just put a 451 blower on my 782. I was a bit disapointed in the throwing distance as well. My QA36 seems to throw it as far. I checked the impellar and noted some of the flights were bent back and the tops were rolled over a bit. I have nothing to compare it to so I do not know how it was when new. There is also quite a gap between the top of the flight and the impellar casing. I would be interested in any comments on the gearbox and what could be done to improve throwing distance.
114149.jpg

Matthew, I always thought that was silly there isn't a simple way to raise your hood. I recently saw a post where one of the guys got ahold of an extra hood and made a cut to it where it raises up just past the gas cap. You could do that to an extra hood and put trimming along the cut. My friend at work has his shoot hydraulic driven with the front ports. I'll have to ask him where he got the hyd driven moter thing. I think its on a QA42A.

I don't remember who it was but I think if you search the archives there is a windshield wiper motor used to rotate the shoot.
The hood Adrian is talking about is a good idea. I made mounts for my cab to tilt back, much more work.

Here's one from waaaaay back that Scott Harris made using a power window motor.

114159.jpg

114160.jpg

114161.jpg

114162.jpg

114163.jpg

Latest posts

Back