• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

54 in deck for 3000 series

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mleathers

displayname
mark leathers
does anyone have a pic or diagram of how the belt goes on this deck my father in law has this tractor and somehow the serial number sticker has been power washed off and cub cadets parts diagrams really suck

On what machine Mark?
Your profile says 3164, but I've never heard of a 3164 and the MTD site doesn't show one either.
confused.gif

its a 54 in deck, on the parts diagram it does not show a belt i do believe its a 3184 or something like that im really not that familiar with cub my father in law is disabled so i do all the work on his two cubs. which by now i should be an expert.

Mark,
The cub cadet parts look up does not show a 54in deck for a 3184, only 44 inch deck.
even with that, the belt diagram for the 44 inch deck might be the same for the 54 inch deck.
Just a hunch.

Mark B, Lonny B: My 3000 series parts manual DOES show a 54 inch deck available. Unforunately, there is no belt routing diagram. I didn't look at the 44" but the 54" is the same set up as the 60 " deck for the 3000 series.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Myron
You are correct, they are advailable, I was just saying the cub cadet part lookup link does not show a 54 inch deck for the 3184, however seeing that they are shaft driven to the right angle gear box I would think it would be safe to assume the belts all run the same set up as shown for the 44 inch deck.
But I have been known to be wrong every once in a great while.

Go to http://www.cubcadet.com

Click on Owners Manuals under Cub Cadet Services.

Use 190-290 or 190-295 as model number and any serial number and then you can download the Operators Manual.}

i thank you all for your feedback i did look at the 44in deck and seen the diagram and all the pulleys are in the same pattern but wasnt sure if it would work but will try it this weekend thanks again.

Back