• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

44C Gator Blades

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbleznyk

displayname
Mike Bleznyk
I have Gator style blades on my 44C deck. I'm trying to buy a new set and I can't seem to find a 15" Gator style blades online. Oregon don't make these blades. I can't remember where I bought the ones that I have on the mower. The blades have a logo of a gator stamped in the blades... I know somebody must still be making these blades... What I'm finding is blades for a 44" Zero turn but those blades are 16" long which won't work.. Any suggestions ?

I have Gator style blades on my 44C deck. I'm trying to buy a new set and I can't seem to find a 15" Gator style blades online. Oregon don't make these blades. I can't remember where I bought the ones that I have on the mower. The blades have a logo of a gator stamped in the blades... I know somebody must still be making these blades... What I'm finding is blades for a 44" Zero turn but those blades are 16" long which won't work.. Any suggestions ?
That's cause everyone quit making them, SIGH!!!!

Mike, if it were me and insisted on gator blades,I'd buy the zero blades.Bolt old to new and very carefully cut 1/2" off each end with cutoff wheel .Being sure center holes were the same and taking care not to overheat blades when cutting..just a thought....

Bought some oregon brand blades for my SCAG. They were worn out before even 40 hours of use! That is two years of mowing for me.
Needless to say, that is the last set of oregon blades for me.

Gary, that’s an idea of cutting down the 16” blades. I believe the blades are made of tungsten carbine, so I’ll have to get a diamond wheel for my grinder. And I’ll do my best to re-sharpen the old set with a diamond file. A regular file doesn’t work on the tungsten carbine cutting edge. I can’t believe no one is making these with all the 44” decks out there? Had I anticipated this I would have stocked up….

If there was you hit one rock and the blade would explode, carbide is pretty brittle.
I have new information regarding the 44” Gator blades. I told with Oregon and they do make a 15” Gator blade that is exact except the it has a 1/2” center hole instead of a 3/4”. So I will be buying those and enlarging the hole to 3/4”. This is a G3 blade so it doesn’t have the fusion tungsten carbide cutting edge. The part number is 96-343. They strongly advised against cutting down a 16” blade…

Latest posts

Back