• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1961 Plymouth Fury

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbest

displayname
William Best
I found this old photo and thought I would share it here. I was 21 in '61. This was my first muscle car. I bought it new and had it for about a year and a half when I totaled it. Sure wish I had it now.
74643.jpg

74644.jpg

We usta call 'em "typewriter drive"..
A set of pushbuttons in a cluster on the dash (left of the wheel IIRC). Edsel had 'em in the center of the wheel. The TD40 didn't have 'em.....

I wish I could find a set of the cross ram intakes for my 85 Dodge truck. Nice car, IIRC the typewriter drive was a bit problematic.

My car, the 61 in previous post, had the "Three-on-a-tree" standard tranny. The engine was a 383 ci that developed 330 hp and 460 ft lbs torque at 2800 rpm. The long ram tubes were used on the 60 and 61 models. The short cross ram intake came out on the 413 ci in 1962 in two versions: 11 to 1 comp. with 410 hp and the 13 to 1 comp. with 420 hp. These were known as the max wedge engines. The 426 ci max wedge came in 1963 and 1964. Chrysler put the 426 hemi in the 64's sometime during the production year. In 64 and 65 the 426 wedge was available in a street version with 10 to 1 comp. This is what mine was. Sure wish I had this one now. Sorry about the poor quality of the photos, but they are over 40 years old.
74742.jpg
74743.jpg
74744.jpg

Yeh - but by the mid 60's, Chrysler had the Torqeflite down pat - I've actually got an Eelco adapter (still in the box)to put a Torqeflite behind a small block Chevy - I was THISSSS close to putting it in my '65 Impala behind a poked and stroked mouse motor (for one of the lower old Modified Production classes) and stumbled across an almost new Turbo 400 out of a pickup, but the Torqueflite would have been an interesting swap...

What you laughing about KentucK ???
whistling.gif

Latest posts

Back