• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1864 Lift Valve

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgreenly

displayname
Ron Greenly
OK everybody..I'm trying to find instructions or pics on how to add a 2nd lift valve to my 1864.The dash is made to hold 2 or possibly 3 valves. I have a 2nd valve with all the brackets and lines. Any help would be appreciated. Btw...yes i'm still working on this same 1864 a year later,still have some kinks to work out.
feint.gif

Ill let you know on this and post pics soon I am doing the same thing on the same tractor right now for front hydraulic attachments so if know one post pics soon ill have some with in the nest couple weeks

It seem to me that you will just need to copy the splice that is already plumbed in the system. Using a "wye" or a "tee" right where the current line comes off the supply from the pump.

My 2072 has dual spool valves, but in one casting. So it only has 1 inlet and 1 outlet, but 4 valve ports.

You'd be doing the same, but 2 supply lines would be visible.

The new "cheap" single valves are "sistered" together with small flared nipple that use of rings on each side of the flare to make the seal between 2 single valve bodies. These nipples are available from MTD but they are listed for a hyd tiller application. Longer bolts holding them together will also be necessary

If you hard plumb them they must be in series....if plumbed in parallel on an open center system neither valve will work, as the oil will take the path of least resistance through the unused valve.

Steve..Sounds like you "been there,done that".This is all very new to me. If I "hard plumb" the 2nd valve, does it have to be exactly like the 1st valve? I have everything from a donor tractor. TIA

Wow, thanks Steve! Your knowledge is incredible... I still learn something every day.

I have a 1863 Cub.There is a hydralic line laying by the engine not hooked to anything.Can anyone tell me what it's for.And also is it possible to put a 3 point hitch on it. Would really appreciate it

Gil..Does the line have a cap on the end of it? My 1864 has that, a CH18, mine is for draining the engine oil. Take a good look to see where the "other" end is connected. Hope this sheds a little help for you.

I don't know why i didn't think of that.Haven't looked yet but I bet your right.It's my first hydro so I just assumed that.Thanks

Back