• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1711 Snowplow Build/modification

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpientka

displayname
Bernie Pientka
Been looking for a snowplow for my 1711 but haven't come across one for the right price (Cheap!). So I figured I needed to make do with what I had. Last year I picked up an old bolens snow plow and home made sub frame ($20) for another project. That project didn't develop.

So after a little work today I modified the sub frame to fit my 1711 and built the lift arm. Did some testing and it turns out I under built the lift arm and need to make a few improvements but everything seems to work.

234020.jpg

Side view of the setup. You will notice the sub frame going under the tractor.

234021.jpg

Lift arm and plow lift bracket (Lift arm needs some work). Square stock I used for lift arm flexs when I put down pressure on the blade. Need to go with heavier material

234022.jpg

Rear of tractor showing sub frame bolted to trailer hitch. I still have some trimming of the sub frame and top plate. The top plate will be shaped to create a trailer hitch.

Always a good time when working on a Cub Cadet.

Bernie P: Interesting setup. What's on the other end of the lift arm? Are you using hydraulic lift? (I'm thinking that the 1711 is like my 782 and has hydraulic lift.) Have you disabled the "float pin," that is, are you able to apply down-force to the plow?

Just curious.
smile.gif

Yes the lift is hooked up to the hydraulic lift. The float is a little corroded so it doesn't move until you really put some pressure on it. I hit it with PB blaster in the summer and got it to move but seems like it is stuck again. Hoping that with more PB blaster and some plowing things will free up. If not I have to take it apart.

A photo will tell more.

234045.jpg

In order to get the lift bar to fit without hitting the side covers I had to put a little bend into the square stock. After a little use the bend changed. I then added flat stock to each side at the bend. This stiffened the bend but now flexes the square stock between the flat stock and the plow.

Currently thinking about building a another lift arm with slightly bigger square tubing (have bunch in the garage). Other option would be to beef up the existing square tubing.

Back