• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1250 Refurbish\Restoration

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and this really is the corect paint, im taking pictures with my phone, ill just say its not the best camera.

and the tranny is complete minus the filter and new fluid, it looks to good to put in the frame where no one will be able to see it lol

236250.jpg

Darren, that does look nice! Ummm, you could always do something like this with it.
happy.gif
happy.gif

236252.jpg

thanks Kraig, thats a good idea, that gives me some ideas lol

Tom, I believe that Nick still owns it, but I'm not sure.
dunno.gif
Charlie might know.

Tom, Nick Queensland. His name is on the sign at the bottom of the stand... I believe he still stops by the forum regularly, but like a lot of guys, mostly lurks.

Nick owned it for several years then sold it to Ray Weaver out in Pa.

Under Edit,
And YES!!!! Ray paid through the nose to get it too!

Ray also has (I think he still owns it) a cut-away IH 345 V8 engine.

ok we got the 3 point lift and the saddle for the front axel repair ordered from a sponser, soon as that gets here will be able to make some more progress, cant wait to see a rolling chassie on the table.

a little more progress, the side panels are prepped and primed,
one step at a time, its comeing along good.
236805.jpg

236806.jpg

Darren, wow, those side panels are so shiny in that top photo, looks like you had them chromed!
a_blink2.gif

i think cromed would of been easier lol IH used some good paint it took some time to get them cleaned up like that, we used some sand paper wheels and a asborn wheel to finish them up, hopping for a nice finish when done.

a little more progress on the 1250's cosmetics
a bare naked hood
237002.jpg

and some fixing to the tower
237003.jpg

237004.jpg

Darren "S",
What are you using to remove the paint surface on the 1250? Whatever it is, sure looks like its working well.

Tom H, were just useing those stick on sandpaper disks i think it was around 120 gritt and then buffing it up with a osborn brush on grinder, the brush is made for stripping logs, but it works great to buff out the scratches from the sand paper

Got some parts in a little while back from one of the great sponsors, and WOW this is a serious set up. We did the mock up, to see how it all fits befor paint, this is going to be one mean looking cub.

237190.jpg

237191.jpg

Latest posts

Back