• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1250 Refurbish\Restoration

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its getting closer, just have to put on the decales and a new seat, this thing is a blast to drive.

243432.jpg

243433.jpg

243434.jpg

Hi all i finally got a couple picture of my buddies cub we redid it started out as a 1250, but he found a k 341 so it came out of the shop a 1650, next will be starting on the loader. hope to have that ready before snow. heres the finished product.
245285.jpg

245286.jpg

Darren, wow that's one tough looking Cub. With those wide ag tires on the front I would think it's going to be a tough Cub to steer once the loader is on.

Thanks Kraig, and yes ive wondered how itll steer myself with a loader, but right now it steers with ease when your moveing and some drag when sitting still but you can still turn it pretty easy

Darren, if it's too hard to steer you could always swap the fronts for the wide rib tires. I should also add that you did a great job integrating the round fenders on that! It looks so good I missed them the first time I looked. How about some more photos? Perhaps one straight onlooking at the rear, one angled looking at the rear quarter and one angled looking at the front quarter.
happy.gif

that is true Kraig, abou the tri ribs but that would take away from the cool factor
err.gif
and ill get some more pictures of it but it might be a week our so, its my buddies tractor so next time i get over there ill get some to post. and yes them fenders turned out nice they show off the tire and the sweet 3point hitch out the back.

yeah them look real good on there! I missed them to the first time I seen that pic, untill somone pointed them out. Thats really turnin out nice.

i got a few more pictures it was dark by the time i took them, ill get some better one the next time.
246318.jpg

246319.jpg

246320.jpg

Darren, looks good. I like how you used the QL fender pad to tie the "roundy fenders" together. Nice job! Any chance you could email me the full resolution photos?

"Nice" I see you have made quite a stout looking tractor . I don`t see a post on the front hubs ? did you add trailer hubs? Those wide front tires will need more support than the stock set up.
I chose this for my 129 loader.

246357.jpg

And I found this will happen with out a gr8 bolt and nut.
bash.gif

246358.jpg

I`am still learning
1a_scratchhead.gif

246359.jpg

Do you plan on a weight box for the cat O,Nice to add that extra weight for traction. I would like to some day put a CV drive shaft in my 129 . I do tear up a few rag joints.
clappy.gif

I need to add two next time .

Donald Tanner, Thank you and yes we did use the 5 bolt hubs, looks like the same set up you have. and we did put a grade 8 bolt in the axle and we also installed one of Arrons ( i think thats right) stout saddles for the front axle. its beefed up as much as we can, and the plan is to have a back plade off the back with weights. and thats interesting about tearing up rag joints.what ar your thought about a u joint on the drive shaft with a carrier baring

Darren: You've done some good work, there! I like the fenders and the 3-point hitch setup.
thumbsup.gif

I would like to try something similar with my 782 when I get it working right!

(Kraig, thanks for posting photos we could see.
happy.gif
)

Thanks Jeremiah, it was defintly a fun project, the loader on the other hand that might be a nother story,when it comes to hydrolics this is me
1a_scratchhead.gif

Darren Sterley

(.what ar your thought about a u joint on the drive shaft with a carrier baring )

The PO of my 1512 diesel thought of that and well it did not work to good . I have a picture some where of his set up . I took it all out because it did make a lot of vibration and decided to use a CV drive shaft from and 1862. That is a much stronger set up I think. I know Jimmy D said he knows pullers that use them with much more HP than I do and have had no issues .

246395.jpg

Some day I have hopes to install a power steering system on the 129 loader, A full bucket of stone and the Cub is real hard to steer. I have had to rebuild the steering box twice .
I will need to add a hydro with ports to run the power steering and I do have all the parts. I guess I just need to get around to it lol.

246396.jpg

have you given much thought to power steering ? this is off a 1862 .

thanks donald will skip the ujoints then and we concidered the power steering but decided we probable didnt need it but the more i hear about it it my be a add on after the loared gets mocked up. Donald do you have any detailed pictures of how you mounted your pump for your loared ore any one else that has any your welcome to email them to me thanks again guys

That is ONE COOL looking tractor. Your buddy and you done good.

Back