• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1250 Refurbish\Restoration

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darren Sterley

They are quite strong. I have the same set up on my 1512 diesel tractor and love it. Aaron does a great job and I would buy from him again .Do you plan to do some plowing?
smile.gif

Donald Tanner, right now itll probably carry a back blade, its a buddy of mine tractor, im helping him redo, and yes Aron does ausome work,

ok we were playing around the other night and for fun set the original fenders on the 1250, with some sheet meatal work this could look pretty good, were thinking useing the stock seat pan for the 1250 (never mind the seat thats on in the picture) and cuting down the fenders off and welding the round fenders on. what are your guys thought?
238250.jpg

Darren, could look great. Please do not weld the fenders on or modify them, or at least minimize any modifications to them.
shame.gif
Bolt them on. If they need to be slightly farther apart, put spacers between the mounting pan and the fenders or fab up a new wider pan mount.

Darren-

If I were you I'd put those original fenders on the shelf and fabricate some look alikes. The fenders are becoming harder to find and simply look great where intended...on an original. The lift looks nice.

Why not build an original for yourself? I don't have one (yet) but have heard many a time they are fun to just drive.

I'd bet if you had that 1250 built back to looking and running like new you'd love it. I'm putting the hydraulic lift on mine from a 1650. It's been a mower and will continue but now be able to do some cultivating/harrowing as well by leaving a sleeve hitch installed.

Kraig they would be bolted to the tractor but tack welded to the other seat pan, to keep the rattle down.
Wayne, i agree they are getting hard to find, but these fenders have been cut on befor i got them, where they mount to the axel on the origial has been cut off about 4 inches up (the inner part) owe and i have a original thats allready sporting a set of fenders
err.gif

a little more progress on the 1250

239784.jpg

239785.jpg

and some yellow on,
239786.jpg

its coming, our goal is the 4th of july to be able drive it out of the shop.

Darren,
The correct fenders for an Original do not bolt/mount to the axle. The fenders for a 70/100 mount to the axle, but that inner "skirt" is not the same on the Original and the 70/100. The skirt on the Original fender IS about 4 inches or so shorter than the 70/100, is cut on an angle, and does not have a lip on the bottom of it like the 70/100 does.

Paul Bell,
facepalm.gif
your correct, i didnt catch that, would it help if i said original TO A 70\100
whistling.gif

Wow! Without the fender pan on that's an impressive looking pair of rear ags!
happy.gif

yes them are some big mean tires there the 26 12 12 cant wait to hook on to some thing and pull there also loaded

im not real sure a local tire shop filled them that does big tractor tires but i do know there HEAVY

Darren-

I'd call the tire guys and see exactly what they used for the liquid fill. If they used calcium chloride I think it would be worth your time to change to a less caustic solution like windshield washer fluid.

Everything is looking good so far.

thanks wayne but i do know its non corosive im just not sure what they called the fluid. ill ask my buddy on monday when i see him its his tractor were just redoing it at my dads shop thank for the compliment it exciteing watching it come to geather

Back