Quantcast
  • FIRST AND LAST NAMES ARE REQUIRED WHEN REGISTERING
Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

WWII Farmall H

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

bbranstetter

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Brian Branstetter
Thank you! The plow has been a bit of a struggle for me as I grew up with an Oliver plow but I'm still working on it. Finally got a chance to do some adjusting and things started looking better. Focus hasn't really been on the plow as much as the tractor so that's why it's doesn't look very good. Just had to get a little video in this year.

John DeBree

It's amazing what those old tractors can pull. I have a tired '65 Ford 3000, and put a two bottom plow on it. My 'project field' is a half acre of really hard clay that hadn't been plowed in at least 50 years. Those plows just sink in and turn it over, with the engine barely noticing in 1st gear. I had never plowed before, but got the hang of it after a while.

I'm probably done plowing the field. I've been liming it, planting various cover crops, and discing it a couple times a year. This year's winter rye is actually growing strong, as I've gotten the pH under control, and am slowly getting some organic matter into the soil. Eventually, I want to get a permanent pasture grass established that I can mow a couple times a year.

bbranstetter

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Brian Branstetter
A buddy of mine grabbed these before they got scrapped. Not IH but maybe someone will want to trade. They don't look too out of place or at least for free. :errrr::errrr::errrr:

20201130_173643.jpg

bbranstetter

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Brian Branstetter
It would be different to have a set of F&H weights but certainly couldn't go wrong on this one. Hope to get some plow action in tomorrow and see what kind of difference it makes.

bbranstetter

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Brian Branstetter
Short video of the wife learning to drive the H and getting some pines pulled out for a friends new field. She did a great job!