• If you're having trouble logging into your account , you can Reset Password
Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

WWII Farmall H

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

bbranstetter

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Brian Branstetter
Finally got a chance to get the tractor out in the field and spend the day working the dog snot out of it. Didn't know it was going to happen the way it did but the baler ended up behind the H. Lots of steep hills and areas of heavy crop and all I can say is WOW! That machine has way more grunt than I ever expected when this project got started. It ran all day, never stopped and at no time did I ever hear a miss or a skip at idle or under load. Started the day off with changing plugs back to the Champion D15Y's from the D21's that the engine started with and checked all the gaps for everything as I had been messing around. I think it's finally ready to start on the next phase of the project. I made some video but it's pretty crude because I was concentrating on keeping the baler on the windrow. Hope you enjoy!

glippert

displayname
Greg Lippert
Brian, that's great! Congratulations on your impressive restoration to this point. I looked back at your thread and couldn't believe how long ago you started that project. Time flies. Very impressive!
:beer_chug::greenthumb:

twthompson

displayname
Tim Thompson
Back in the day I also bailed some hay with an H. One had to quickly flip in into neutral when the hay was heavy. No live power unless you had the M&W aftermarket.

bbranstetter

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Brian Branstetter
Ya, it wasn't too bad. Most areas were average to light and I think there was only two spots that I had to do that in the entire field. Once the baler had some bales put through it, it would handle the entire throat full in 1st gear, which seemed pretty good for an antique baler. Live power and/or the TA would have been nice though.

Latest posts