• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

WWII Farmall H

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! The plow has been a bit of a struggle for me as I grew up with an Oliver plow but I'm still working on it. Finally got a chance to do some adjusting and things started looking better. Focus hasn't really been on the plow as much as the tractor so that's why it's doesn't look very good. Just had to get a little video in this year.

It's amazing what those old tractors can pull. I have a tired '65 Ford 3000, and put a two bottom plow on it. My 'project field' is a half acre of really hard clay that hadn't been plowed in at least 50 years. Those plows just sink in and turn it over, with the engine barely noticing in 1st gear. I had never plowed before, but got the hang of it after a while.

I'm probably done plowing the field. I've been liming it, planting various cover crops, and discing it a couple times a year. This year's winter rye is actually growing strong, as I've gotten the pH under control, and am slowly getting some organic matter into the soil. Eventually, I want to get a permanent pasture grass established that I can mow a couple times a year.

A buddy of mine grabbed these before they got scrapped. Not IH but maybe someone will want to trade. They don't look too out of place or at least for free. :errrr::errrr::errrr:

20201130_173643.jpg

It would be different to have a set of F&H weights but certainly couldn't go wrong on this one. Hope to get some plow action in tomorrow and see what kind of difference it makes.

Wife has given the 'green light' to finish the project in it's entirety. :groupwave::greenthumb: Got to start pouring the heat to get this knocked out once and for all. Still need to gather a few pieces of tin like the mud guard, grill center section and a hand crank. Picked up most of the seals from Wells Equipment the other day to pull the axle housings and finally put the end to that pesky leak. Need to consider ordering all the parts to rebush and reseal the steering components so I can run the oil bath again or grease bath. Here are a few, albeit minor update pictures.
20201228_171744.jpg
20201228_171830.jpg

Look forward to seeing updates. Maybe it will get me motivated, I have a 48 and 49 I’ve been tinkering around on but my 154 we use to mow with got in the way, a cracked head 🙁. Good luck and congrats on getting the old girl complete.

Brian,proud to see you hanging on to your rural roots.Your uncle (?) John and I were classmates and still see him occassionly .I had an H for quite a few yrs before I parted with it it was refurbished..Loved the purr...I knew Phylis,nice lady..Good to see you on here...Good luck !!

Does it still have rad shutters? Steiner tractor .com has parts all so. They are in Lennon Michigan and sell new parts. Batescorp.com sell new and good used parts Squach 253 and Sr. rebuilt they'r super M and it's on U- tube . H parts are just smaller than a M's. and some parts are the same. Watch out for fluffy the mouse!

"Does it still have rad shutters? Steiner tractor .com has parts all so. They are in Lennon Michigan and sell new parts. Batescorp.com sell new and good used parts Squach 253 and Sr. rebuilt they'r super M and it's on U- tube . H parts are just smaller than a M's. and some parts are the same. Watch out for fluffy the mouse! "
Yes sir. Shutters, distillate manifold, heat shield and an early model carb with a brass drain valve. Valves came from Bates, many other parts came from Steiners, Pilot Knob, OEM(before they closed), and Wells Equipment.

Attachments

• 20180804_155924.jpg
    20180804_155924.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 207
Back