• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

WWII Farmall H

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brain B. There are places that should have reproduction parts for your magneto. Check with the Red Power site. Also Red Power Magazine has advertisers for such repair/rebuild items.

Oh, I think you misunderstood my griping. LOL! The mag has been restored by a company in Churubusco, Indiana and looks fantastic (pic of the mag is a page or two back). The donor motor didn't come with a drive assembly that goes between the front motor cover and the Mag so I have to borrow the drive gear from the original motor. After pulling the drive gear it was apparent that things were not going to be plug and play so it's looking like it will get torn apart, cleaned and/or repaired on a piece by piece basis.

Sorry its been so long since I've updated. Had some computer issues preventing me from resizing pics.

Mag drive per the previous few posts.

316048.jpg

316049.jpg

316050.jpg

316051.jpg

Don't pick on me too much. LOL! This is my first paint job. Purchased an HVLP gun set from HF and wow, what a difference from the suction style gun. Have to get the rims done so as to not have to break down the tires again later.

Tammie showing off our hard work!
316092.jpg

316093.jpg

Whew.. finally the updates flow again! LOL Just kiddin' Brian. :cool:

Lotsa pics to digest but I'm thinkin' you're so close to starting re-assembly. And tell Tammie she did awesome work on those wheels! Tell her we said Hey Too!!
biggrin.gif

Thanks for thinking of us and making time getting all those pics up. You're doing great work.

Brian B. We definitely enjoy the pictures and seeing the H slowly being brought back to life.

Drive blocks complete and solid steel rivets ready to go. I like the front tires but I don't like the size, the 6x16 is an optional size but I think I should have went with the 5.5X16 in retrospect.

316365.jpg

316366.jpg

316367.jpg

Brian, how's your right arm feeling after all the cutting with the hacksaw? BTDT and know that it's no fun. If I did it more often I think I'd invest in a chop saw or one of those saws that Steve B. recently posted about HERE

I hear ya Kraig. The bad part is that Dad has one and I forgot about it all together. Wasn't in the shop when I was a kid so I never thought of it until he came out and asked me what the &^$@ I was doing. LOL! Of course that wasn't till the last cut. Oh well, it's done now either way.

A few more things done this weekend. Finished the rims, mostly, with the rivets hammered home and one rear tire mounted. Wow, what a workout. Pulled the starter and generator and managed to get the adjustable pulley loose and working again on the gen. The platform bolts are mostly loose and ready to be removed once the tractor goes into the barn, amazingly most came loose with a box end wrench.

board-post.pl

board-post.pl

board-post.pl

board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back