• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

WWII Farmall H

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a phone call yesterday, the lifters are done and on the flip flop. Hope to have them by Saturday but I'm not going to hold my breathe.

Lifter pictures. These guys did a great job!

313252.jpg

313253.jpg

Brian, I can only imagine how much tubes, tires and rims would be for that.
yikes.gif

My buddy's dad paid around $2500 for his "M" a couple years ago... New front and rear rims and tires and tubes.

Seeing those front tires brings back memories. Good ones. My parents' H front tires wore out when I was young so since they couldn't afford new ones they put the mud and snow tires on the front from my great uncle's 1939 Dodge. I remember when the one front OEM tire blew out while we were eating lunch. Scared the daylights out of all of us. It was summer and the H was parked about fifty feet from the dining room windows.
feint.gif

I really debated between the single rib front tires and these but I think these look the best in my opinion. The tractor currently has VW rims and truck tires on it so this will be a huge step in the right direction.

I've never seen a FARMALL H or H with the single rib front tire. I remember seeing some of the smaller older Ford tractors with those on. They just didn't seem right. Also I remember the single rib wasn't the best for traction when turning. Something about being harder turning and not sliding.

I think you're right Brian. It'll be a huge step in the right direction. It's gotta be better than truck tires on VW rims!

Brian
greenthumb.gif

I didn't even know you could put VW wheels on the front!

Earl,

Look closely, this is the best picture I could find. You can see it in the full sized photo but this is the best I could do.

313601.jpg

I see it now. Brian, wow. This is quite the project, and I'm glad you're doing it! I had to go back and reread some of it, and I say good job! This is tremendous work!

Brian B. Was your hand crank shaft in the front where you'd hand crank/start the engine stuck? My Dad's is and I'm wondering how to free it up.

Thank you Earl!

Marlin, I'm sure it is but I haven't checked yet. Seems like I read an article about fixing those over at RPM.

Here is some pictures from Sundays work. Finally had a chance to install some of those high dollar CNH bearings in the governor.

313626.jpg

313627.jpg

313628.jpg

Brian B. You're going to be an expert when you're finished. That is something to be very proud of.
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back