• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Worried

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sstanton

displayname
Scott Stanton
I just got a letter in my daughters "bring home" folder yesterday about the "swine flu". There are now two confirmed cases in two of our elementary schools and a third possible in one of the middle schools. I'm a shade worried due to the fact that this isnt by any means a huge area and am a little worried that it will spread like wild-fire through out the district. I will be getting the "shot" at work, and up until a judge put an injunction on it I would have been required to get it anyway. I'm just hoping that my daughter, Emma, doesnt get it. I dont believe all the hype that the media has stirred up but after overhearing the doctors at work getting thier shots, I thought that perhaps it is a pretty bad flu. I'm not too sure what my wife thinks but I want to make sure Emma has at least the regular flu shot and maybe, and a big one at that, she gets the swine flu shot. I will get mine because of the fact that I work at a hospital and there are all kinds of things I could bring home with me. I dont want to bring that home and infect my wife or daughter.

A wave of it went through my college here....Some people got it really bad and missed 2 weeks of classes, others didn't feel all that bad but didn't go to class for fear of spreading it. I personally think this is being blown out of proportion for the time being...I think I know about a dozen or so people that have had it, and lots more people that I don't know have had it. My school is definitely over-reacting...hand sanitizer and all sorts of propaganda everywhere.

I guess from what a friend of ours said the kids are dropping like flies at Emma's school. She is the schools social worker and see's it first hand. Emma told me that her class only had 17 kids in by the end of the day and our friend confirmed that. I dont believe all the hype either. Emma's school is pushing hand washing, but have been frowning on the hand sanitizer due to the massive amounts of alcohol in or something. The school district is seemingly pretty level headed about it. A lot of worried parents though, but what can you do. Kids get sick and I know there are alot of worse things that could be spreading around. My wife is really bad when it comes to Emma being sick, she doesnt handle it well at all. I dont blame her given the fact that both of her parents had passed before she was 20. Mom with Lou Gherigs desease and dad with bone cancer. She gets really uptight almost to the point of an anxiety attack. I think one of the high school kids that work with me had it and he seems okay other than he's a little wet behind the ears! An RN friend of ours said that hand washing and not sharing drinks, food etc. is just as good as getting the shot so I am less worried than earlier today.

At the end of last school year I got it, it kicked my but pretty good but got over it fine with the antibiotics they gave me. Luckily I didn't pass it around home, of course no one would come near me. Our school has had a few cases of it but not bad and last year our granddaughter's school also had some cases of it. I believe that's where I got it from. I don't think it's as bad as they make it to be either. My wife is quite paranoid when it comes to stuff like that too, even drugs that our Dr. prescribes. She'll read all the warnings on the literature then freak out. She don't even want the vaccine for N1H1

BB, I dont want it either. Those vaccinations are made in a diiferent country and God only knows what they put in them
dunno.gif

I will risk getting the flu over the vaccination.

Back