• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Wiring on 127

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rheiting

displayname
Ryan Heiting
I just rewired my Cub 127 and everything works but one small problem. The batery keeps draining. So I went and bought a new battery. Then it drained again, So I got tester light. The light comes on the tester when you touch the positive terminal. The light also comes on when you touch wire by positive terminal. The light also comes on when you touch wire by Magnetic Switch. The light will come on if you turn and crank motor at the orange black wire where it attaches by the Magnetic switch and the light also comes on when key is off by Batt on Volt regulator. My question is is the magnetic switch junk?? All tests were with key off so whats the draw. Except when you crank motor the light comes on on Orange black wire. I also checked wires on Volt regulator. Anyone know what it is or know if these switches go bad. The switch I believe is original. Thanks Ryan

Ryan,
Yes the switched do go bad.
I would try unpluging the switch and check to see if you are still draining the battery.
If you still show that the battery is draining, check over every wire for a bad spot.

Ryan, here's a schematic to help out if you don't have one already.

43679.jpg

Latest posts

Back