• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1450 starting problem

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobdoss

I have been rebuilding a 1450, and cannot get any power to the solenoid. I did install a new wire harness, my son is an electrical engineer and checked my connections and has not found an error. It acts like an interlock issue(nothing when you turn the key) so I tied the two wires for the interlock together and still nothing. When I turn the key on there is no load on the battery, so there is no signal coming from the key switch. The only other place I have not tested is the fuse socket. Has anyone had trouble like this before?

Hold the start switch on while moving the pto switch off and on, sometimes they get intermittent and there will be a spot where it makes contact.

I was looking over the wiring on the 1450 since it is all new and compared it to the wiring on my 1000. I noticed one thing I did not connect, the wire from the battery meter to the the solenoid, and to my surprise when I connected it, I got continuity. I am hopeful this was the problem. Anyway, I was way too tired to put the battery and fuel tank back in today. I am really excited to try it out tomorrow and see if I can finally get this started. Will let you all know !

Latest posts

Back