• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

"Why are there two forums?" or "Do we (as collectors) really need two forums?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RTFM= Read the Freakin Manual
Last I heard, that is not a cuss/curse word!

I didn't start this thread to hammer anyone or any forum/group/board.

So if anyone has an opinion on the question at hand, feel free to post your opinion and or answer.

That said, I'm gonna have to say, Keep it on topic or post in another section, please and thank you.

Hey Brian. On that cursin' thing. As Charlie hinted, whatever you read into any of those prolific pesky acronyms is really a result of your own mindset. I guess I'm really a naive farm boy. I was always under the impression that RTFM was in reference to READ THE FACTORY MANUAL. If you are really so easily offended by the use of self-described "curse" activities how in-the-name-of-Ned-Flanders are you able to communicate with the mechanics that work on your truck ?

I have more to add!
rant.gif

This side has a good ratio of posters (people who post a post
wink.gif
).

The other side seems to have a few people posting all the time. Its more like they are carrying on a conversation among themselves. I don't feel like I am part of the conversation.

This maybe off topic but I think I should clarify something I might have started (reading manuals and stuff).

People make decisions on what they use because of their comfort level. That comfort level is based on different things. Your relationship with a service is based on your perception not their perception. In other words, you could go down to the local service station nine times then on the tenth time the guy behind the desk is crabby or condescending. You might choose never to stop there again and it is your right. The service station suffers because of the bad experience. I just wouldn't want anyone to stop posting or to stop reading because someone was scolding them like a parent.

Here is my history.......
About nine years ago I traded a 73 Chevy Malibu for a 73 cub from my brother. The 73 smoked and was underpowered. Over the years I bought a blade and a snow thrower for it. Locally we have a church auction that I attend every year. A few years back someone was selling a cub with a Johnson Workhorse loader on it. From that moment on I knew what I wanted.
drool.gif
The following year there was a good condition 147 on the grounds. I stole it for about $350. Buy the following spring I built the one arm loader. I always thought I was alone with my interest in cubs until I stumbled across this website. Turns out there are a few of you who have gone overboard with the yellow fever.
taunt.gif
Since then I have picked up a very good shape 147 for another $350. Now I am in heaven.

I guess I just wouldn't want any other cubbers out there to walk away from this site because they didn't feel like they could ask a question. I honestly don't think anyone else would want that either.

Someone once said the only bad question is the one not asked.

I have an idea! Maybe we should start a topic that is something like "Dumb questions that shouldn't be asked". Then when someone asks one of those questions one of our 2 1/2 moderators could move the post.
clappy.gif

Richard now that I think about it.... You're right.

This site maybe too technical. That site shoots the breeze too much.
Maybe each site could move toward the other just a little. Then I would be happy. or not.
screwloose.gif
(<<< BTW, that's me)

I say dance with the one ya brought ... I don't even know the other url ... I've not lost any sleep over it ...

Oh Digger , when you sent me to the other site to buy that grille frame months ago ... I'm STILL waiting to hear from the SOB what the shipping will be ... I think the SOB changed his mind when he found out that someone would actually buy it and that it could be fixed.

I'll just stay here thank ya very much !
I like seeing stuff from the original poster (creator) not stolen and moved to another url.

I never advertized my PT's there altho I sold at least one to one of the other members. I started it here and I'll sell them here.

There's a Yahooie! site ... probably ran by some YAHOO! no doubt ;)

It's impossible for any public forum to be all things to all people. We never have and we never will try to do the impossible.

I guess what I've said here for years still applies:

There's nobody twisting anybody's arm to be here. If one doesn't like the way things are done here (or anywhere else, for that matter), one can always try their own hand at running their own forum as they see fit.

Brian W. -

OMG, Todd Markle just used PITA in the main forum. There's only ONE way to translate that. We best ban that, too. Hope he didn't offend anyone
bottom.gif

Nope, just like parental responsibility, it's the READER'S responsibility to decide whether they're offended or not. It's a public forum, folks have more than enough of a chance to "kick the tires" before they sign up, so they know darn well what they're getting into.

If Reverend Brown accidentally turns on the Playboy channel and decides to watch it for the next 3 hours, that's his business, not the cable company's.

... but they can show all the "get the wood up" , "call me I'm a slut @ only $2 per minute" commercials on tv and nobody says a thing ...

Even IH seen a need for two types of Cubs , hydros and gear drives. Maybe there should be two forums based on the drive train, one for the hydros and one for the foolish ones ;)

You could also call it checks and balances, and if you include the Yahoo groups then you could triangulate the info and home in on the correct info.

Terry- I think that you too were looking for an excuse to use this icon!!
bottom.gif
biggrin.gif

Terry B. -

The <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Democracy of Two&#153;</FONT> doesn't need an excuse
lol.gif

<font size="-2">Butt yeah, that's one of our better emoticons...</font>

Charlie,
If I knew you were the yahooie grand Poo-ba I wouldn't have asked to be removed.
crash.gif

Actually I didn't like the constant emails. I like looking at the forums when I want. Which happens to be often these days.

Terry B. -

Ummmmm - it's quite simple if you read the info presented. Click on Edit My Membership and you're presented with a list of things you can do. One of them is turning off the e-mails. Another is leaving the group yourself without pestering the moderator.

You might also note that there's a Leave Group link right under Edit My Membership.

I guess that'd be called RTFW (Web)
wink.gif

BTW, for those who think WE make up all these acronyms, try sticking 'em in Google and notice that they're pretty universal in all manner of discussion forums. One of the first things I learned at university was RTFM... See http://www.xs11.com/acronyms.shtml for an example...

Bryan....

I thought RTFM mrant <u>R</u>ead <u>T</u>he <u>F</u>actory <u>M</u>anual !!

MyronB

Bryan,
I know you can turn that stuff off but I like the layout and the ease of posting on this site better than Yahoo. You can make short order of skimming through the postings. Much more user friendly. I also like http://dieselplace.com and http://www.rv.net

Terry B. -

Yeah, there's no question that Yahoo Groups aren't an optimal solution. And when they went to intermittent ads, well, that pretty much put the nail in the coffin for me.

Why don't you post that in the main forum? It's not off topic there, and no one is going to see it in here.....

Latest posts

Back