• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

What is up over at the registry

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfischer

displayname
Chuck Fischer
Does anyone know what happend to the IH registry site? I check these sites out all the time and the registry went down a few days back and its not been back. I'm a bit worried. I know Mark Bowersox was in charge of the site, but he's not responding to my emails.

It's been over a week now Chuck. I also enjoyed that site, I'm new to both, so I would have no idea.

I have no idea what's going on with the registry. I am not an active member over there but I'm constantly going there just lurking and looking at the pics. It's been several days now too. I'm sure it'll be back up soon. I just hope nothing major has happened to where archives and such are effected/lost.

Well, rumor has it that they had a major server crash... Just what i heard and also heard that it was a bad one! It may be all gone..... only time will tell!

Mark not responding to emails!
Surely you jest!
clappy.gif

Could the combined weight of the registered Cubs have sunk it?
1a_scratchhead.gif
dunno.gif
coffee.gif
bash.gif
hide.gif
sad.gif

Dennis:
Uh, yes and a handle like "Dr something" would really fit right in there....
clappy.gif
(never knew it was there before - honest (my former employer wouldn't have liked it..)

GERRY - I could get to this forum and "Red Power" at my last job, but if I did a search for Red Power I'd have to wade thru all the "Power Ranger" garbage. For some reason I couldn't get THAT forum, it was blocked. I think there might have been someone in corp. IT located in Ohio who collected other colored lawn mowers. ;-)

I actually had a long conversation with Another Dr. from the RPM forum a week or two ago. We were trying to help someone with Ford p/u transmission problems. We were "Thanked" for our efforts by being told We didn't know what we were talking about. It's funny, the guy posted some questions about IH pickups a week or two ago and nobody is answering him!

Dennis:
In my former life (before retirement), I had to get web blocking/filtering software set up at the Internet gateway for an agency of better than 3000 employees, of which at least 1/3 were civilians and 2/3 carried guns.. Imagine the fun in implementing blocking rules for them when "black powder" for instance was banned, and some of them needed access to the naughty sites...
bash.gif

Dennis,

JMHO but here goes

The "other" forum, usually called "across the street" on this one, has been around for a several years. I started out "cubbing" on this one and after a couple of years found that I checked it out at least 5 times more than this one. I attribute that to:

1 - I found I preferred their topic arrangement much easier to follow individual threads / conversations.
2 - They are much more forgiving (less uptight) of violations of "rules that must be followed". They are more friendly to each other and to newcomers, more like a family. It may be that the geography contributes a lot to that but culture seems to be a big contributor.
3 - I am not particularly interested in separating the world into "Genuine IH" and "Other", the other forum blends both without rancor.

Having said that, I enjoy both forums even though most of the time any postings I attempt on either one seem like they went into dead air. That's because I am not part of the inner circle, I understand that since I have never been a "joiner" and am not of the same age group of the majority on either forum.

Like I said, JMHO and I hope they get going soon. I would offer to help but would need to remember too many things from before I retired for my efforts to be useful for a recovery. Maybe later.

BTW, Call me sometime. I live just across town and my son lives about 2 miles from you off N in SP.

The Registry has a history of crashes, and at times is a train wreck in and of itself.......

"I would offer to help but would need to remember too many things from before I retired for my efforts to be useful for a recovery".. Amen, brother.....maybe we could talk 'em into running it on an "A" series Unisys with MCP , although I'm not sure how much of that I could pull up any more, either.
clappy.gif
)

Jim, a lot of the subject activity rotates on both the forums, and although I don't participate on the Registry, I have told Mark in an email a while back that it was a valuable site.. Hey- friendly competition has always been a boon to any type of activity, and I'm not aware of anything other than a few comments about ribbons and/or donuts being posted over here..
A lot of the "enforcement" is done over here by non-moderators, I believe mostly to carry on the
traditions of the early years. I know from comments by Charlie that we're all more tight a$$ed about it than he is, and having a discussion like this is good, I know I'll be more aware of how picky I might be (we're still taking collections up for a spell checker for a couple of our two-thumb phone posters, though.)
clappy.gif

I like the separation myself, partially again, because of tradition (you know - because it was established as an IHCC site), but also because it helps keep things organized for me...

Anyway, good though provoking post!!

Allen:
Uhhh my wife has told me at times that that caliber would be .177 and used copper covered round projectiles.
clappy.gif

Actually I was referring to how this forum keeps things separated (in response to Jim's thoughts..) as what I prefer, but maybe you're right...
screwloose.gif

Yup we, the active members of IH registry did get blown out of the water

We should be on line again, as soon as they find the problem.

As the link below suggests for red power that is where all posts will be conducted from. in case you need to get in contact with anyone there for IH reg.

Oh,--- I don't consider any one here to be competition, just an extension of valuable info.

Maybe as someone posted it may be more geography as we are able to entertain the idea of being able to attend closer related plow days.

Seems to be more relative from Iowa North and East and South to SC.

Although many cubs further away in all directions maybe don't have the land available to sponsor a PD would like to.

We are all brothers and sisters that have a need to keep these old machines and their history alive.

JIM E. - I didn't realize you lived so close to SP. And your Son lives just down the road? And here all this time I thought Paul R. clear over in Waunakee was the closest other regular here!
dunno.gif

We need to have some sort of monthly Cheese Head Get-to-Gether. I'd suggest the local CC dealer but they really aren't a sponsor here. But I know Charlie cleans out their used CC accumulation from time-to-time. I've got a bunch of yardwork & a project or two going on for this week since the weather is decent. I'll give you a call in a week or so. Do coffee someplace.

Registry still down @ 10:45 PM . Denny I don't have a Cheesehead hat , but eat WI cheese 'bout every day, so maybe I'm a Cheesehead...Ust to go with dad when a kid to one of the many cheese factories around & get 10-15 # of cheese . And couldn't forget fresh cheese curds right out of the vat...nice & squeaky.Don't drink much milk, but make it up with cheese.
thumbsup_old.gif

Latest posts

Back