• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Starter generator belt wants to ride upside down

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was your new CC replacement belt part number IH-401960-R1? Was it new? Check alignment of the pulleys and their condition. Make sure the pulley sheeves aren't bent or the pulley separating. The SG belt has a unique width and similar substitute belts don't always work well. Also, make sure your SG spins freely.

rrschmitt, Belt IH-401960-R1 is what i have on., SG spins fine. alignment of the two pulleys does not good. I used a straight edge and it looks like the large pully is too far forward by <1/16 inch. The bolt came loose at one time for the SG support bar( I guess it is called that). and must have bent the engine pulley. It did stop the engine. I really didn't want to get another pulley and tear it all down again.

Pulley alignment on the SG is critical. I burned through a brand new belt in a matter of days. The SG was one I rebuilt with a replacement pulley. When I later checked the alignment I had installed the replacement pulley backwards which threw the alignment off.

Latest posts

Back