Snowthrower mounting question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcumberland

displayname
Kent Cumberland
I recently purchased a Troybilt mower and front mount snow thrower at auction. Problem is the male quick-tach hardware is missing. Does anyone have a pic that I could use as a reference to build my own? If I can't find anything, I might just build a 3 point mount and use my IH 982 w/pto big tractor style. But I hate to have to back up all the time.

Kent,
Since I'm not sure what yours looks like,
62937.jpg

62939.jpg

Thanks. The Troybilt is a GTX20 and a 14063 snowblower (2 stage 46") I think. The lifting mechanism is a bit different and I am going to have to look if that IH approach will work. If not, you pics give me an idea of how to make it work on the 982.

I saw that ad. Not detailed enough to show how it mounts. The blower I have is in very good shape. And with the center drive shaft would be very easy to mount to the 3 point on the back of the 982. Might be kind of fun too, until I get tired of backing up.
Side note- I got the GTX going last night after some minor repairs. Does a decent job of mowing other than it is too short for my taste, even on the highest setting. Real speed demon in high when not mowing. Seems like about 10 mph. WAY faster than my 982.

Latest posts

Back