• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Red Sticky grease

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curt Doles

IHCC Supporter
My grease gun ran out in the middle of greasing a 60" Haban and for whatever reason my last purchase was Red Sticky grease. So I reloaded the gun and just pushed grease till it came out red. Any reason not to use the Red Sticky?

My grease gun ran out in the middle of greasing a 60" Haban and for whatever reason my last purchase was Red Sticky grease. So I reloaded the gun and just pushed grease till it came out red. Any reason not to use the Red Sticky?
Grease is grease, run what ya brung!👍

There are multiple grades and kinds of grease for specific purposes. It will most likely be fine.

I have found on stuff that doesn't get used much that some types of grease will set up and I have a heck of a time getting it to take grease again with out taking apart and cleaning. I mostly use black gun grease for this reason on a lot of stuff. Wheel bearings are a different story tho.

I've never heard of red sticky grease. Is there a more technical or brand name for it?
Might have meant this stuff.
1691184361669.png

I’m sure the Red n Tacky from Lucas is good grease. For my area most local auto parts stores have it priced in the $10.00 range. I usually buy a carton of grease about every 3-4 months. I most always just buy Lithium based grease at $3.29.

Latest posts

Back