• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Red 782 and 400tiller

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcromley

displayname
troy cromley
i have a red 782 model #144782399, serial 2050601u727265. i just picked up a cub tiller model400 with a 8hp engine,whatdo i need to add to my tractor too make the tiller work? how does the tiller work. will the hitch pickup the tiller or should it stay down and ride on the back tire? any pics manaul for the 400 tiller would help thanks for your help

Troy, I have never actually seen a model 400 in person. Here's about all the info I have on it. Note it can be used with either a Sleeve Hitch or a CAT-0 Three Point Hitch but you will need the correct adapting package to connect it up. It most likely has/had one of them already with it hopefully you have the same rear hitch on your 782. If you could post some photos of it that would help us help you.

297642.jpg

297643.jpg

i dont have any hitch on my tractor now .i am looking to get one. what type would you use? i also have a brinly culivator for a sleeve hitch. hear so many bad things about the alum'rear ends not holding up .

If it were me, I'd use a sleeve hitch. Cheaper and easier to find. Plus it works with your other attachment.

The Aluminum rearend actually has the preferred fine spline axles and HD carrier in it. The part that fails is the actual rear end case itself.

I'd put the sleeve hitch on and go to town... While keeping a lok out for an IH rearend to swap in should something break.

Aaron at Xtreme Motorworks, a forum sponsor, makes special sleeve hitch lower brackets that have extra mounting points. Here's Aaron's description:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

The "Xtreme Hitch" End the fear of ever pulling the bolts out of your rear end! This has to be the toughest sleeve hitch on the market. The extra side tabs help eliminate the bracket bending in on the sides, with or without dual pin plates. Made from 1/4" Grade 50 steel.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Latest posts

Back