• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Practically gave it away-1987 1210

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1811Cub

displayname
1811Cub
Another Marketplace score on the cheap. The M12 runs well. It drives well. Came with a solid 44C deck/mule drive, and solid plow. Needs electrical work, and lots of cosmetics.

1210new4.jpg

1210new5.jpg

1210new3.jpg

Attachments

• 1210new4.jpg
    1210new4.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 0
One of the first things I have addressed was the missing knob and cam on the implement height adjustment. The original knob's threaded part was broken off flush. After an unsuccessful attempt to extract the broken piece, I drilled it out and rethreaded it 3/8-24.

1210KNOB.jpg

The hydro fluid looked to have had been recently changed, BUT a FRAM PH16 engine oil filter was used instead of the proper Cub hydraulic system filter 923-3014. I removed and replaced the filter using the proper Cub unit. The hydro seemed to have worked fine even with the wrong filter. The 782 I am doing servicing on also had the same PH16 FRAM filter on it. That hydro was also quiet and responsive.

Last edited:
The hydro fluid looked to have had been recently changed, BUT a FRAM PH16 engine oil filter was used instead of the proper Cub hydraulic system filter 923-3014. I removed and replaced the filter using the proper Cub unit. The hydro seemed to have worked fine even with the wrong filter. The 782 I am doing servicing on also had the same PH16 FRAM filter on it. That hydro was also quiet and responsive.
I wonder if the filtration and pressure on the Fram filter is in spec of the price OEM

FRAM PH16 specifications:

Anti-Drain Back Valve
Yes
Burst Pressure310.000
Bypass Relief ValveYes
Bypass Relief Valve Setting12.000
Filter Media MaterialCellulose/Synthetic Blend
Filter TypeSpin-On Canister
Gasket Inside Diameter2.420
Gasket MaterialNitrile Rubber
Gasket Outside Diameter2.760
Gasket Thickness0.191
Height3.695
Housing ColorOrange
Inside Thread Diameter3/4-16
Marine ApprovedNo
Micron Rating8.000
Non Slip GripYes
Outside Diameter3.656
Thread SizeStandard
Torque NutNo

Since the specs on the 923-3014 Cub filter are not readily available to us common folk, here is the FRAM recommended cross:
FRAM PH2844 Specifications:
Anti-Drain Back ValveNo
Attachment TypeSpin-on
Bypass Relief ValveNo
Dimensions - Height3.734 IN
Filter Media MaterialCellulose/Synthetic Blend
Filter TypeSpin-On Canister
Gasket Inside Diameter2.438 IN
Gasket Outside Diameter2.813 in
Gasket Thickness0.156 in
Gasket TypeBase
Housing ColorOrange
Inlet TypeThreaded
Inside Thread Diameter3/4-16 in
Non Slip GripYes
Outside Diameter3.656 IN
Replacable FilterYes
ReusableNo
Thread SizeStandard
Torque NutNo

The Sauer-Danfoss data sheet for the 15U hydro unit states a 20 micron filter is required.

I washed it today getting off years of grime. Also replaced the air filter and changed the engine oil.

1210wash.jpg

1210wash2.jpg

I fixed all of the electrical issues plaguing this machine. A new MTD ignition switch was installed, along with a new plug. The original fuse holder was missing the cap, and had a mud wasp nest in it. Fortunately, I had a spare cap for it. The PTO works well. A nice used ammeter was installed. All lights now work. The charging system works flawlessly too.

1210lights.jpg

1210lights2.jpg

I replaced the collapsed lower engine mount bushings. The two front ones were gone, and the other two were severely deformed. Now there is less vibration, and got rid of a loud knocking type noise which was the engine iso-cradle vibrating on the frame under load.

It is a fully functioning mower again. The mule drive had one bad pulley, but the deck all had great smooth bearings including the idler pulley. All it needed was a new OEM belt. I also replaced the PTO to deck belt with an OEM belt. Greased the deck all up, and it mowed well. Now on to cosmetics.

Latest posts

Back