• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Possible to mount a Model 2 tiller on an 1811?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvillaluz

displayname
jose Villaluz
I'm a newbie and have lurked and dug around here for a few days now. I've agreed to purchase an 1811 that I will be picking up tomorrow but have purchased a #2 tiller in advance of that thinking that it would bolt on without too much trouble but now I'm wondering. The tractor I'm buying has never had anything mounted on the rear so i can say with all certainty that there isn't a hitch on it currently. The tiller I bought came with a gear box and a few other things that I'm still figuring out the purpose/function of. Any guidance as to whether or not this can be mounted and how to do it would be most appreciated. I originally bought the tractor because it was inexpensive and seemed sturdy, what I wasn't aware of was how large the enthusiast community is. I will post pictures of the new machine when it gets here in the next couple of days. At least one of the reasons I bought it was that it came with a just paid , nearly $700 seasonal maintenance bill and I didn't pay much more than that for it. Thanks in advance to any readers of this post

190199.jpg

190200.jpg

190201.jpg

190202.jpg

190203.jpg

Jose - Welcome and THANK YOU for posting in the right section !
thumbsup.gif
You must have lurked long enough to catch on.

Your 1811 would have had a hydraulic 3-point lift Cat."0" if it had been equipped. You would need to fab up a 3-pt system on the tiller if you put the hydraulic lift on. If you used the tiller lift then you would need to fab a matching lift on the 1811. Either way I think you may have got into something you hadn't figured on.

As for the tiller belt being used ... I have no idea as I don't have an 1811 (but it's close to my 1882) nor do I have a tiller. I do know that the gearbox would need a mount fabricated too.

But in theory with a good design and welder and money ... Yes it could work

1811 had a tiller attachment for it but the tiller had it's on 8 horse engine.

Use the Parts Lookup button above and it'll take you to a neat place with all the parts you could ever dream of. Just input your model number and have fun. That's where I found out about the 8 horse tiller
biggrin.gif

Oh and go here to download the tiller pdf file.

Back