• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

782 1A tiller belt problerms

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgibson

displayname
Jerry Gibson
Hey guys I need some help. I need a belt. I have a 782 with a 1A tiller. I need the long belt.
A little history. The 782 has a Command 18 transplant motor, and the 1A tiller has a non factory pulley on the bottom of the gearbox. So the factory belts don't fit. I have previously gotten a few belts from a Pat Irlbeck who I have lost contact with. I have also lost some of the communications we had about the belt. I had measured at that time and the length was 157". I have bought 2 belts from him and they both lasted about 4 years.
I have recently tried to replace that belt, and have had no luck. Tried a power belt from the local parts store that swore it would work with the 90 degree twist and it just twisted all up. I have tried a couple different kevlar belts and had nothing but problems. The first 157" I tried stretched so much that I had no adjustment left. I tried a shorter one at 155", which was a little short but I got it on and I didn't last very long and just keeps hopping off now.
The pullies are all good and everything still apears to be in working order. Looking for any help or suggestions. What kind of belts are supposed to be used? I know they need to be able to handle the flex, but I'm now having any luck. Thanks for the help, sorry for the long post!

Jerry, it's a long shot but here's a link to Pat's profile where he has an email address listed. Looks like he hasn't logged in since 2008.

Jerry G.
So there's no numbers left on either belt?
Belts that last only 4 years, I would have issues with.
How bout measuring the belt you have left and go from there.

Kraig, thank you I will check and see if that's the one I already tried.

Charlie, no numbers were left on the prior belts. I do a lot of tilling so I'm OK with 4 yrs on those belts. It's the 30 minutes I got on the last two that bother me. 156" 5/8 wide would be ideal, but I have only found 155" and 157" in a "flex" belt which is where I'm wondering if I'm missing something as far as the belt type goes.

Thank you all for the help! As always you guys have came through and helped a guy out!

Ed, thank you to the link you provided. I was able to get in contact with Pat.

Charlie, thanks again for the help, I will keep those guys in mind in the future!

Latest posts

Back