• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Part # for throttle shaft repair kit

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstorma

displayname
Jim Storma
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for the part # that I need to repair my throttle shaft on my 169 Cub Cadet. I'm having trouble finding the correct part #.

I know I can get a bronze bushing from the Hilman's fasteners at my local hardware store, but they don't stock the correct size.

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for the part # that I need to repair my throttle shaft on my 169 Cub Cadet. I'm having trouble finding the correct part #.

I know I can get a bronze bushing from the Hilman's fasteners at my local hardware store, but they don't stock the correct size.

Thanks,

Jim
1688268389213.png

Thanks guys. I purchased the parts and a few other things from McMaster. I appreciate the help from each one of you. I'll see if I can get the carburetor together this weekend.

Got my McMaster package today. Put two bronze thrust washers in by tapping them in with a wooden hammer and a clevis pin with a 7/16" diameter head. Had to hit the top inside edge with my deburring tool to get the shaft to fit. Very nice fit and the shaft rotates nice and smooth. I want to say I had about .060" of of wiggle in the shaft before. Now it's maybe .002" A little 243 loctite on the 3-48 screws and the throttle plate is in and still operates nice and smooth. Just gotta wait for the new float to come in tomorrow and then I can put the carb on the engine and all the hook ups. Maybe I could even get it fired up tomorrow night and get it dialed in....:unsure:

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    279.2 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back