• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

On the soapbox again

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$0.40 in two hours here. How do you like that kick in the groin!

Tom -<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Tight inventories of gas in the Chicagoland area led to a price spike of an average of almost 10 cents overnight when supplies tightened after the Whiting, Indiana BP plant went off line. Some stations saw increases as much as 40 cents overnight. This refinery is one of ten that produces reformulated gas, the special blend we have to use in Chicago. They should come down soon as the plant will come back on line this weekend but illustrates when inventories are low the risk of price spikes are higher. And the risk of holding a position short increases as well. And when there is higher risk the futures price is higher as well.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Tom -

Me too. WBBM said something about BP not being done with Whiting. I won't even get into all the increased crap they'll be dumping into Lake Michigan thanks to Indiana bending the rules so they can process Canadian crude...

OK, so let's play our own version of Where's Waldo, or Where Am I or whatever...

Julie and I were here on July 1st - with our Speedy Rewards card we knocked another 5 cents off. I know there's at least one person in this thread who should know where we were...

62431.jpg

$2.57 for unleaded ? What year were you there ?
Our gas is $3.
I gotta get those kinetic balls working ...

$3.299 and no end in site up here in Wis.
and the rummer was that gas was to drop after the 4th of July, yeah right!!

Lonny - Our Speedway (as Bryan posted) was 2.90 Monday. I heard on the news that gas was going up ... you reckon they have info that we don't ? I don't see what would ever make them think it'll go up
angry.gif

KENtucky >

It just that every time the gas price takes a jump in price the oil company/ oil refinerys or whos ever in charge of the increase is comes up with another lame exscuse as to why the price increased once again.

Think way back in history to when a certian river used to chetch on fire because of all the gas that was being dumped into is because gas is a waste by-product of all the other products produced from crude oil.

I know it has to do with supply and demand, they have the supply and we demand the product, they say ok, heres what it will cost you for this product. The more we depend on this product the more those who have the supply can demand in payment for the product.
This is not just an oil/gas supply & demand problem either, just take a look at other products we have grown to depend on in our daily life.

I do have to say, with all the farmers and others in agri-business here, I'm really surprised at the lack of understanding of the options markets. Frozen pork bellies or oil, it all works about the same
wink.gif

I guess some of us can live without bacon but none of us can live without gas
lol.gif

BTW, what is it with WI state law? I can't use my Speedway discount coupons in WI (or WV for that matter).

Bryan.

Not to get you upset but I think the reason your speedway discont card dont work in Wisconsin is a vast majority of Wisconites do not care for f.i.b.w.a.b's.
bazooka.gif

Now if you have spent any amount of time in northern Wis you will know what that stands for and we hate to see anyone from out of state get a discount on our presious gas supply
joker.gif
jester.gif
clappy.gif

Lonny,
OMG, Now that's freakin funny!
And yes I had to Google FIBWAB to find out what it meant!
biggrin.gif

BTW, I don't think Bryan has a boat though!

Charlie >
Funny thing, I cant find MIBWAB on Google.
Bet you can't tell me what that one stands for.
clown.gif
screwloose.gif
lol.gif
bottom.gif

Its going to be a race between the fibwab's and mibwab's to see which group can snatch up the most lake front property first and after that happens Wisconsin will no longer exsist as a state but become a sub burb of either Min. or Ill.
Than we can have us a good old
war.gif
to see who controls the nameing of the new provadent.

Lonnie -

Been listening to Bananas At Large again, eh?

With an opposing viewpoint (originally done in the 80's) - https://www.ihcubcadet.com/HDMP.mp3 (around 2MB)

Leave it to WI to not only keep us from getting discounts, but to keep their own residents from getting them, too. That's OK, the Speedways in IL are cheaper anyway
wink.gif

2 weeks ago, gas was $3.12, tonight it is $2.55...evidently the supply, demand, future or something changed........
crazy.gif

Bill must be nice to have gas UNDER $3 a gallon we finally got down to $3.039 a gallon today.
screwloose.gif

Well gents, Exxon boasted record high profits for the quarter AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! how can that be if the rate hikes reflect the price of crude? those dirty bastards! I just don't understand how they look can at themselves in the mirror and not give a crap about what they are doing too the average Joe, very perplexing!!

MIBWAB ..... boy, am I glad that Michigan is mostly isolated from this potential warfare, eh? (in my best yooper accent). I have heard though, that since most of the eastern Lake MICHIGAN shoreline has now been used up by dockage (and since the boats never leave their slips), we're eyeing all of that virgin MICHIGAN shoreline on the west side of our lake.
clappy.gif

Oh - BTW - NPR sez prices are down in the Midwest, because all of the refinery problems are fixed. I wouldn't want to live close to any refinery right now, 'cause I'm predicting a large disaster of mysterious (but non foreign) origin happening soon....

on the price of gas I wish it was dubble ive been rideing scooters 42 years now and saving lotsa money i get tired of trafic jamed up if just 10% of the caggers would get there head out of there rectal cavety there would be a lot of fuel saved maybe the rag heads couldent rage war . people say scooters are dangerous so they need an armored hummer that gets 3 miles a gallon how about learning how to drive defensivly . and how about making it manditory to learn how to drive before grtting a licence

I agree with some of that.
There are those out there that should have their privlage to drive taken away from them until they lear "how to" drive.
Murder bikes/donor bikes/scooters are dangerous to drive. They have limited lighting advailable for night driving, offer little to no protection when hitting wildlife on the roadways, to dangerous to drive in the winter months, ect, ect.

I drive a mid size car, red in color with day time driving lights, yet it seem to be invisable to most all other drivers. I dont know how many times a week someone will pull out in front of me like they never saw me comming.
Dont even want to get started on those idiots that have a cell phone jammed into their ear thinking they can't drive a car unless they are talking to someone on the phone.

And who is the jackass that came up with those bright white head lights, yeah they might light up the roadway better in front of the car you are driving, but how about how well they blind the driver of the car comming towards you from the other direction.

Back