• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

On the soapbox again

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hcole

displayname
henri cole
Kyle, to hell with china or anything to do with them is what I say. I'm willing to spend the extra dollars to TRY and keep AMERICA strong. Kentuck, why they wanna be rich of course.

I thought this was the bitch about gas prices thread, LOL

All you guys pissin and moanin about china, and every damn one of ya buy china stuff every
censored.gif
day and don't even know it!
And if you do, you don't care and just won't admit it, snicker.
The USA has and will continue to pour millions, if not billions into the china economy every year, DEAL WITH IT! It's here to stay.
Now if ya really want to BITCH about the good ole USA importing CRAP from N. Vietnam!!!!!!
And don't even get me started on that
censored.gif
deal.

None of that cheap China crap for me. My new 782 starter was made with pride in Taiwan.
shame.gif

This counntry needed a wake up call and gas prices was the one. Everyone that has a truck or suv to run to the grocery store and the office has run up the demand and the supply hasen't really gone up. The expanding markets in China and asia has also increased the demand over seas. I only run my American Built Dodge Truck whan I need the truck other wise the car gets the daily running at 3.35 a gallon it is a whole lot cheaper than the gas hog. The oil companys have had their greed at times but they operate on a lower profit margine than the drug and big box stores. The environmentalist in this country have made it so difficult to build a refinery the supply can't go up so we are stuck with this mess.
asthanos.gif

YA! Dang evironmentalists
swear.gif
. Who needs clean water to drink or air that dosen't burn your lungs. Heck, I liked fishing better back when I could just go down to the lake and pick up the floaters. They're all a bunch of hippies anyway.
baldguy.gif

It dang sure beat having to have big outboards and buying bait !

The environmentalists have their place it's really to bad none of them have any common sense. There needs to be a balance of industry and saving the planet. I laugh at most of the tree hugers round here they all have big suvs and pickups.

Gee Dean, that's casting a pretty wide net. Do you know ALL the environmentalists to make that judgement? Cuz you don't know me from Adam and I'm not stopping anyone from building another refinery...

And why would they want to build another Refinery. It looks like they have about the right amount of competition now. Besides when they all shut down to do their annual maintenance each spring about the time the travel starts to pick up some fool might keep his refinery running.

Man...enough of the 'SUV' bashing already!!!!!

When you can find me a new car that has 4WD, can haul 2 adults and 4 kids without having to sit on each others laps, and pull a trailer...I'll buy it. Until then, I'm going to drive my 17mpg 10 year old Suburban.

If people believe this supply and demand BS, they are fools.

Last Saturday, in a little town 5 miles from me, gas was $3.19 at Sunoco, $3.08 at Marathon, and $2.88 at Valero (each station is within 5 blocks of each other in this town that has 1 stop light in the entire town).....5 miles away from town, in the middle of nothing, gas was $2.87 at a BP....so tell me, was it the supply at each station...or the demand at each station, that caused the difference in price??
crazy.gif

As of today, it's at $2.81..........

'Somebody', is charging what the hell ever they want to charge....and all the while the big oil companies say they can't lower the prices....why would they...they are making a killing!!!!!!

$2.81,I need to move it's still holdin at $3.09 here. How can ANYONE who owns a cub cadet call themself an environmenatalist these old gems put out more pollution in one 2 hour mowing session than a new car does in a year. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Bill,
thumbsup.gif
! My 98Dodge 2500 V-10 gets 8mpg but how much weight can a little import 25mpg big truck wanna be pull, not to leave out S-10s rangers or dakotas, but theres only so much you can do if you want mileage. Our every day vehicles are a subaru and ram 50 and they are useless. If we want to go anywhere with our kids we have to take both and forget trying to haul anything with them.

97 Ford 7.3 Powerstroke 4X4 F-350 Crewcab weighing in at 11800 deliveres 18 mpg. Pulls all the cubs I can stuff on my trailer. Have maxed it at 25750 combined and still got 15mph. With diesel at $2.59/gal makes for reasonable trucking.

Thats the big problem with the V-10, poor mileage. I tryed for 3 monthes before I bought that one to find one with the Cummins but couldn't locate one within 200m. Every dealer I talked to said they couldn't keep them on the lot.

When I went looking for mine, I had to go from St. Louis to Atlanta to get it. Hard to find specs of 7.3 5spd 4x4 Crew Cab F-350 big brakes. Then it takes about 3 months to outfit it with my Utility bed, front bumper/winch/plow system, rear under body winch, rear bumper system, new springs packs and heavy elctric wiring. I don't relish changing very often, about every 3-350,000 miles. Not too many around. Found plenty of automatics. I needed the 5spd so when I bury it, I can put it in Lo-Lo and get out while it chucks along with the winch assistance. Can't tell you how many times that has happened over the past 40 plus years of working off road.

Bet they will pull the same crap over here soon too. Drought hitting here too, ya see that Jack Daniels water spring drying up in Tenn ?

Well big oil must be softening up a little gas has dropped to $2.89 in the big city of Leitchfield as of last night.

Latest posts

Back