• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Not sure what to think

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sstanton

displayname
Scott Stanton
I got home today from all my pre-op stuff at the local hospital, to a rather disturbing letter from my regular doctor. A letter of all things! It stated that they had found a 5mm mass in my left lung and wanted to do x-rays.....in 3 months. I would think that they would bring me in and tell me person to person. I'm not sure how to take that information. I have so many thoughts going through my head I cant make a complete thought out of any of it. I'm scared for good reason. My father-in-law died of lung cancer and I'm scared very badly. I WILL BEAT THIS! Whatever it may be. It will not bring me down. I will not go without a fight. Yet, I still am very afraid for my family, especially my wife, because of her father, and my daughter who is the world to me.

Scot
For what ever this is worth you will be kept in our prayers. A guy can worry himself sick.
3 months,? I don't see a reason to worry or the Dr. would be more anxious to see you sooner.

Medical training and treatments have come a long way in the last 10 years.

Scott,
Keep the mentality! You'll be in our thoughts and prayers. My mom made it through THREE different cancers. Grew up fast. It hopefully will be nothing. Take care!!
Earl

Scott
Im sorry to hear that.You,your wife, and daughter are and will be in my Familys prayers for comfort and healing.You have a great attitude, Keep it up and stay strong.
Jason

Thanks a bunch guys! After POUNDING away on the drum set, I feel better. It helped to clear my head and I agree with you about the medical stuff. I talked to one of my wifes friends, who is a nurse, had said the same thing about the 3 month thing too. So I feel a little less stressed! Thank you all so very much.

Scott, Becka and I will keep you in our thoughts. To add to "worring a guy sick". I have Chrohns desease, and have had two relapses over the past 15 years (6 years since last one). Both relapses due to stress. I know that "just wait and see" is not very helpful. One day at a time, means alot Scott!

Scott, I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Scott. We'll definitely be keeping you and your family in our prayers. Angel says for you to get another doctor A.S.A.P. THAT kind of doctor sure doesn't set up well in my opinion. DO NOT panic however. Sure the doctor may not be worried only no one should be put through anymore stress than necessary.

I work at a hospital and talked with the head radiologist today, he eased my fears a little. I also talked with my doc and he said it wasnt a cancerous looking mass, or anything to worry about. I didnt tell him that was the last time he would ever see me. I'm switching doctors tomorrow, heck I'm switching medical groups all together. I'm going back to Guthrie where they will treat me with some respect and talk to me about these things. I will definatly tell the "new guy" about that mass. They will mor than likely set me up with a slew of tests, but I would rather be safe than dead! They also told me it could be a node or just some fluid, but still I am kinda tense and trying not to go off the deep end! All I can do is pray and take one day at a time. Thank you all for your prayers and support, it means more than words can ever say to me.

Scott,

I kind of know where you are comming from when it comes to reciving bad news from a doctor via a letter.
I had a MRI done on my head to find out if anything was my hearing loss, and was inadvertely told my the hearing doctor that a tumor had shown up in the MRI, but the good news was they found nothing causeing my hearinig loss.
Was sent to another doctor who exsplained the tumor and what they felt was tyhe best way to deal with it, come back in 6 months for another MRI to see how much it has grown.

Scott we wish you the very best, and will keepyou in our thoughts and prayers.
Luther

Well in less than 20 hours, I'm getting my hernia repaired. It sure is going to stink! No driving no lifting so no cub time! I sure hope we dont get a ton of snow! I set up an appointment this morning with a new doctor, I'll be talking with him on the 16th. I hope this one is better than the last guy! my wife referred him to me, she had the same guy I was seeing and said this new one is a whole bunch better, and that I would like him alot. Well, I'll be back saturday at the soonest depending if I can crawl off the couch!

Scott, best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery!

Thanks Kraig! I hope to be back to working on the 106 in a few weeks! I'm going to drag the mowing deck down cellar tonight and set it up at waist level to do minor "light" work on that. I'll post pics as I go!
I just wanted to add that you all have been great and supportive and consider you all part of the family. I hope to one day be able to get to a plow day to meet you guys!

Scott!!
I thought you always part of our Family We are here to support all in any way we can, and the worldly problems isn't made up of just tractors, We sometimes break down too. When you walk into that office you will not be alone as we are there too, and hoping the best. Keep us posted !

Scott - Best wishes with the hernia repair and recovery. I had a double inguinal hernia repair last April and assure you'll do fine. While you'll be restricted for a while, just hang in there and follow the doctor's orders - you won't regret it. The first several days you'll probably have enough pain management medicine in you that you won't even realize you aren't "cubbing." The worst for me was near the end of my restriction period, when I felt so good I wanted to do a lot more than the doctor said I could. Again, good luck, and keep us posted on your recovery!

Home at last! Doctor said all went very well. I'm still feeling "nice", and have been perscribed some heavy duty Viconen, 500mg, I think that will work!!

Scott - Glad to hear it was a successful procedure. My wife just reminded me that about 36-48 hours after my surgery some of the anesthesia apparently began wearing off, and I had some burning pain when standing up and beginning to walk. I checked with the Doc, and he said that's normal - just keep using the pain meds! I only mention it so that IF you experience the same thing you won't panic (like I did!). Again, congrats on the new "body work."

Back