New York and snow

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bborchers

displayname
Brad Borchers
Ok, hi everyone. Just a thought. Was wondering
how many member live in or close to New York
city? Everynight the news is talking on how many burrows still have unplowed streets.
Figure if a few cub owners with snowthrowers
and blades show up, the city would be clean
in no time. Just saying

Brad...the clean up in the outer boroughs is a disaster! Buses stuck in the same place for 3 days! I'm about 25 miles S.W. of NYC and a major part of the news is clean up. Times Square is ready for new years though. Some towns from Long Island will come in today and help at the edges of the City. Poor schmucks...and the Mayors butt is in a big wringer...Stay tuned for Channel 2 News at 6.
PS, the way this stuff has packed/melted down, all the Cubs in the east coast cant help them, need Charlies big DOT truck.

You buy the fuel and I'll head that way!
beerchug.gif

218828.jpg

Yeah.....I figured someone would be having a blast out there. Why aren't they showing one of us on the news??
1a_scratchhead.gif

Oh, that's right, news is all "Doom & Gloom" these days. It wouldn't be right to show us having fun!
beerchug.gif

On the local news last night they said they were sending crews down to help NYC dig out.

Shift.gif

I'M starting to understand how CHARLIE earned the name 'DIGGER'.
NICE TRUCK-'DIGGER'
ROD

Here is a video you all may like- this is vintage footage (1939) from the tug hill region of NY, just east of Lake Ontario. This hill is a large plateau that gets easily 250-300 inches of snow a year. The plow is from the Frink company, and one of the trucks is a walters. Today, they use a radial snowblower on stuff like this.. This is big snowmobile country today, and Lowville is where they make all of the Phildelphia Cream cheese from locally produced moo-juice.. The narration is neat, too.. The guy driving the plow's name is "Charlie" Hmmm Enjoy!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZR2WbD3Hz0&playnext=1&list=PLFD6D9CC5E364C2A1&feature=results_main

That was cool and since "Charlie " was driving it was axtra nice

I seen one of them rigs or one similar at the ATHS Nationals 10 years ago or so in Syracuse NY. It was mounted on a 1918 vintage Linn ex WWI truck. It had a huge VEE plow on front and twin "wings", one on each side. Wooden operator enclosure behind the cab. I beleve the guy was from Derby, Maine.

Anyway, I remembered the name of the town because I hauled some R/R traction motors from the Regional Raiload operation there for rebuild. It was winter and they sure had their share of the white stuff and minus degree temps to boot!

Dave S.

Scott, those Walters trucks can really plow snow. I drove one once in awhile with a oneway or V plow & and right hand wing. A second guy (wing man) operated the wing. It had a Cat 6 cylinder Diesel with 100% traction by a chain drive. We always had 4/5 yards of sand in the box for superior traction. Also with the V plow mounted tight to the front of the Buffalo was an advantage too with weight transfer to the front axle. Our County hwy. dept. had 3-4 of the " Buffalos" as we called them.
Shift.gif

Cool old movie. Not sure I'd want to stand as close as some of those guys were standing...

Latest posts

Back