• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My 1512D for dog rebuild

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don, shouldn't there already be an hour meter in the dash on the right side? Don do you still need a tunnel cover decal? I just ordered a set of 782d decals. I'm going to take the hood decals to a local place here in town and have them duplicate them with the exception of the model number and have them put 982d on them. I've already got a new tunnel cover decal on it and won't be needing the tunnel cover decal that'll come with the set I ordered. I think a 782d tunnel cover decal would be the same as a 1512.

Charlie is looking for a set of decals for me. I will need the tunnel cover decal and all the other decals. Where the hour meter should be is another voltage meter that the po installed. I do like to see what it is charging instead of the original.drop (email) me your phone number and I`ll give you a call on skype. I`am off to town now to get the new starter for the 1512.shoot me a picture of the decal on the tunnel. thanks Don

How to keep a Nova Scotian in suspense:
Hey, Don T.: Lucy's tach is mechanical with a cable like a speedometer cable running into the back of it. I'll tell ya later where the other end of the cable goes.
noshare.gif

Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)

Frank I thought the tack was cable driven, now I will have to see if kubota has an up grade for my diesel. Thanks fro your help!

Well I ordered a photo tack off flea bay and well for $8.05 i`ll take a chance, I also picked up this starter for my Diesel for $130.00. That upgrade will be nice for sure.
187194.jpg

Now the big job of the instalation
bash.gif

"....super bright LED headlites......"

Did I miss a post somewhere
1a_scratchhead.gif

Got me curious too. I've been looking for a replacement or retrofit for those standard incandescent bulbs that don't live more than 6 months. Absolutely no luck so far. I have an idea to make some but I'd rather not...

Matt Gonitzke
Well you might be right about the fit,but I`am sure that I can find a way to install them with a bezel edge to fit the OD of the factory bracket.the benefits would be 10.000 candle power and a light that would not blow from the vibration of the tractor.
You would not be flying planes had it not been people out there coming up with better ideas on how to improve on a problem areas.to be close minded will stalemate thought and ideas. where I worked management, had this saying(well we have be doing that that way for 40 years). there not there any longer.Today one must listen to improve a process and be open to new ideas .

"necessity breeds invention"
coffee.gif

Don T. RE: LED headlites, the units on the indicated web site are 'courtesy lights', which means just enough light to see where you put your feet down. They are not bright enough to use for headlights. I really dont think your going to get 'headlights' for $4 each. JMHO

Those LEDs (at the first link Don posted) are rated at 10,000 Luminous Intensity Unit: mcd, which is about 800 candle power. I think...
1a_scratchhead.gif

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"
Do you know just how much luminous light a headlight in my 149 would have??

I do know you can run leds on a cub (head lights ,tail lights, strobe,flashers) and the current draw would be a lot smaller than a standard lighting draw. They will look diferent for sure.I don`t see why you could replace the lens
1a_scratchhead.gif

Don, the 4411 bulb, as used in the Cub Cadet, are each 3000 candle power.

Hmmm, I just found this: GROTE LED REPLACEMENT HEADLIGHT

And seeing that it's made by Grote, one could argue that it's OK to use on a Cub Cadet.
buttrock.gif
Now if I could only find the price. I hope they are not too spendy...
uhoh.gif

Don, the LED lights you first linked to are rated at 10,000 Luminous Intensity Unit: mcd. The LED lights by Grote, that I linked to, are rated at 900 Lumens.

Soooo, here's some info on Lumens vs Luminous Intensity Unit: mcd

LED LIGHT OUTPUT INFO

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"

So I think there is some good info here on led lights, Thanks for you help
thumbsup_old.gif

Kraig...That's exactly what I've been looking for, I tried every auto parts house around me and they all told me that there wasn't any conversion bulbs made. Apparently they didn't look very far. I will call them today with the part # and see if they can get them at what price.

Don...I've seen that site before when I was looking for replacements. They do have a real nice selection, and their prices are good too. I will be getting led clearance lights from them. The second link you posted, I've looked them over before too but they don't really have much real information on those ones. They do look could work well, the amperage rating is lower than the Grote lights so that could be a remarkable difference in less light. Would be nice to see more specs on them.

They must be too new and not for retail sale yet, no listing for them yet. A local NAPA is calling the factory for a price. If they are anything like the ones in that link they must have a silver or white gold lining for a reflector.

Latest posts

Back