• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My 1512D for dog rebuild

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don T., replace one of the fasteners for the hitch with an eyebolt, just below the eye use a flat washer and a nut, then on the other side of the mount, use another flat / lock washers and a nut.

Then use a chain repair link to join the 3 pt arms chain to the eyebolt. I'd also put a drop of weld at the eye joint so it cannot open.

Just some ideas.. maybe it works? Or not! LOL..

I will post a picture. I`am thinking of some pipe pieces 4 and some flat bar . the cat has to places at the top for the clevis and a section of flat bar with pipe pieces on each side for stability and then up to my cross piece to each corner of the cab. It is clear as mud in my mind lol.Pull two bolts off the Cat O and one on each fender and the Cab is off for the summer.
1a_scratchhead.gif
1AA_dance2.gif

Don--my dad is fitting a cozy cab to his 149 Chief and he doesn't want to have holes in the fenders and floor boards to hold his cab. Plus, we both observed that with the weight out on the fenders the cab flexes back and forth more than we liked. So he built a bracket that mounts off of the back of the opening where the battery box Is located. Of course on a diesel that is where the fuel tank is. Then he made two short brackets off the front frame to line up directly with one of the floor board bolts. I'm thinking that his idea is similar to yours, take out the two bolts from that bracket in the back and two from the front floor board area and its off for summer use...

joshua donald stertz

That is what I have in mind. I don`t think the fenders are strong to hold up the Cab. A good friend has offered to build me hard doors and I got a line on a small heater for inside the Cab. I will go over to see Frank C and pick up the Cab when the weather improves at least for a few days after the holidays. I hear we are getting two snow storm this week ; another 8" and then over 12" so I will mount the 450 on my 1512 and get the snow moved . The Cab will be nice when I get it modded up for next winter.

Well I think I have to chain up this .

265689.jpg

We got this over night and from not pushing the banks back I have to dig this out and install it !

265690.jpg

the rain is stoped and this will freeze with no where to put the snow.Last nights snow half rained away !

265691.jpg

Well I finished installing the 450 snow blower off an 1862 I got here at 100$ . I thought I could use it on my 1512 . well after getting the tractor chained and the blower installed I could not find my lift arm off my 450 . Dang if this 450 does lift different that my 450. I have to remove the blower and use my lift set up from my 450 for this to work. on a 1862 you need a special arm to go under the tractor to push ahead for lift.Everything is back wards on this blower to my 450. Might as well repair my 450 with the new spline Art A sent me last winter. This might as well go up for sale .
bash.gif

Thanks again Art
worthy.gif

Don, looks like you got the truck fixed, what was the insurance out come??

Jeff

Yep they sent me all most 800$ lol. I paid 100$ for the bumper and 140$ for instalation. She did phone local in her area and found out that my truck is still getting 8000 to 12000 and sent me the money even though I told her I fixed it myself . That extra 590$ did come in handy .

Paul

Wow now you helped me there . I have one of those here and I guess I must have forgot that I need it for my blower. The light when on when I saw the part Aaron sells. Thanks for the help, Much appreciated .
worthy.gif

Don,

I saw in the main forum that the 450 didn't do so well in the wet, heavy snow you get. We've had similar snowfalls lately, so I might offer a tip. Before heading out, spray the chute area with slippery stuff, I use furniture polish ; it seems to do great and last.

Next, in the wet stuff, unlike a single stage, a 450 can't be "pushed" too hard, when it gets to sloppy snow take your time since it is harder to empty the impeller. The impeller packs up with snow like that and doesn't eject it all in 1 revolution, slow is the secret then.

Again, it really helps to spray a dry impeller with silicone, furniture polish etc. so it slings away the snow. While getting down to spray , take a hard look for bent impeller paddles, as they are very easy to bend it seems. But I doubt that they are since you recently reassembled this unit.

Like I said, think of the impeller paddles not ejecting all the snow with one spin, it will pack like a snowball on them so slow and steady is the key. Using that spray does wonders!! I often thought of spraying graphite paint there but haven't tried that yet. Let us know if any of this helps!
bash.gif

Jim

That snow blower came off an 1862 and I would like to know if there is any difference in the 450 I got that came off an 1811. I found this one did not seem to turn as fast , meaning when I first hit the snow it would only blow it about 10'. I need to get my 450 spline replace because I used slip plate in the auger and chute area and that might work better on wet snow. I will have a Cab here and my 450 ready for snow next winter . Thanks as all ways for your Help . Don T

I have to agree, don't these 2 stage blowers seem to run too slow? I wish there was a simple speed-up kit available at a reasonable cost to try out. I guess one could use that spline and weld it in a smaller pulley to the back of the gearbox. The large pulley just seems too slow, compared to "other guys" units. The deer ones seem much faster.....

Jim

I was looking at the other post you made about the 364 and that made me think of an add here local for a blower for a Bowlens tractor . it used a drive shaft running to the gear box. I think I will now try to find that blower because I think the guy wanted 50$ for it and it was in like new shape . I might have to Mod up something to do away with the belt around that idler and I now see that I could speed up the blower by changing the lower pulley. Thanks again for that cool idea that came from you. You are brilliant !!! Thanks

Latest posts

Back