• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My 1512D for dog rebuild

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brendan, you probabily didn't see the really nice ones....$549. !! Platinum reflectors!
jawdrop.gif

Don-

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

You would not be flying planes had it not been people out there coming up with better ideas on how to improve on a problem areas.to be close minded will stalemate thought and ideas. where I worked management, had this saying(well we have be doing that that way for 40 years). there not there any longer.Today one must listen to improve a process and be open to new ideas .

"necessity breeds invention"<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

I'm a year away from a master's degree in aerospace engineering...do you really think I'm not aware of "necessity breeds invention"?

I think you misinterpreted my post. I was trying to make sure that you knew those were much smaller than the 4 1/2" headlights that belong in there; I never said you couldn't make them fit. Sometimes we get lost in the trees and miss the forest.

If I'm wrong and you really think I'm that closed-minded, I'm offended, and I'll just keep my comments/suggestions/ideas to myself and go back to
lurking.gif

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Donald Tanner (Dtanner) on Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 09:41 pm:

Brendan Brigham
I have looked at these 10,000 candle power should be good . here have a look http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2Fulite.htm
and not a bad price.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

You have to understand what you read before you <u>know</u> what you read.
MCD does NOT mean candle power. It means <u>thousandths</u> of a candle.

A 100 watt bulb would be 120,000 MCD

I look on up the page and see that Kraig is getting into the swing of things with his links but I'll leave my statement ...

I've been playing with LEDs for 30 years. I made an LED "style" of laser when they were still using tube lasers. I could make a dot @ 100 yards in the dark that measured 6" diameter. Of course I was using "junk drawer" lenses so I couldn't refine the focal diameter.

The best you can do now @ an affordable price is use 5 watt white LEDs with a focal lens. The LED has to have a heat sink to keep from overheating , but I don't think it's bright enough as I have a few 5 watt LED flashlights.

I make multi LED UV black lights for night fishing and I use the 5 watt UV's too with a lens.

Multi 5 watt LEDs with lenses would be the best way to go but then you get into a rather large configuration as the lenses are about 1" diameter each.

... anyway ... back to the show ...
tag you're it ;)

Matt - I'm a high school drop out and I've got one year left (well actually less) and I'll be 53 !

joker.gif

What happened to cause the upgrade ?
Wind keep blowing out the candle ?

Matt G
You are studying to be an engineer... Well I had drawing sent down to the shop where I worked to have some materials cut for a repair on a pill-block on the on the frigates (navy ships). because of 9000 inspections for the material every stage had to be signed off. The smart engineer had to have his drawings checked and signed by himself and the head engineer. Here is what they send me and got pissed when I laughed at this engineering speck sheet . cut od 50" x 49"id of 1.5 oz fiberglass mat and add 1.5" cuts on the inside.
after they insisted I cut what they ask,i sent them an envelope with 1" squares of material.After rd and qa had a big laugh I was told to repair the flange and write up what I did and sign the sheet. lol
I have a grade 10 with a 12 ged.edamakation don`t make you smart!
Comments like, that won`t work are useless.
But to say< well I see what you are trying to do and this ( )might work also.
Have a great day Matt and Keep giving suggestions "please".
1a_scratchhead.gif
old.gif

My guy from NAPA just called, he did call Grote, they told him they can get them to him......<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">$140</font></font> each.

Ken...I never thought of using halogen bulbs, hell...didn't even think they may had offered a Par36 replacement. I will give those in the 3rd link a try. If they don't hold up, loosin $14 is a lot easier to take than spending at least $200 for LED's. Thanks for lookin into that
beerchug.gif

OK. I'm impressed! But at 4 1/2amp draw that little battery aint gonna last long. But I 'spose a bigger belt carried one would work.

OMG...I couldn't imagine soldiering all those they my hands are now. Got some good cool factor though
happy.gif

Guys just went over my 450 snow blower to see what parts I will need for it and its in great shape.parts are the belt cover 731-0870,chute flange keepers (3)731-0851,chute assy with guard (1) 784-5074,spring (1) 732-0262. I put the list here so I can find it when I get ready to order parts.I will have to take it apart and paint in and give it two coats of slip plate. I hope the chute assy can be bought separate as the bottom is all I really need.This is not bad for the age. the shows look like it was hardly used.

Well since my digital photo tack came yesterday I had to see what the diesel was turning. I check the tack against my diesel truck to see if it is acurate and it was. So I put some tape on the flywheel of the diesel and found the wot was set at 2689. So i adjusted to 3465 . I think I will leave that set there. I had it out for a spin and at wot and 1/4 ahead with the hydro handel it will lift the front wheels off the ground when the hydro handel is pushed all the way ahead.I happy now lol

Hi Don,

You can also use the chute from a model 551 snowthrower, it is the same dimensionally at the base but is taller. I really like it better than the short 450/451 chute!

Latest posts

Back