• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Making a wildlife Food Plot

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wayne, sounds like you need a trail camera! That non-typical with the drop tine sounds interesting.
happy.gif

Mike, I believe the thinking on "shotgun only" areas for deer, but rifles being allowed for coyote or other game is that deer hunting draws out LOTS more hunters so it's a combination of hunter density and population density that determines "shotgun only" areas. I can rifle hunt for deer on the 5 acres where I live (I don't though, I hunt the main gun season at the cabin in northern Wisconsin with either a .30-30 or .30-06) but 7 miles south at the 80 acre family farm it's in a shotgun only area during the deer season. However I can and have hunted coyotes with a rifle, not successfully YET though.
angry.gif
I have not called one in yet, in my defense I've only been out two or three times.

Josh, I believe you, but please keep in mind:

<blink><font size="+2">-----></font></blink>
worthless.gif
<blink><font size="+2"><-----</font></blink>

30 point buck that Josh referred to. I got these in an email.

Here is what the email said - From what I heard, he came in last night around 7 pm and he never heard or saw it until it was right below his tree. He was shot at 10 yards. Shot in Eldorado, WI last night.

I took a few pictures of Wayne's buck tonight. I guess 30 points. The scale at Pete's doesn't go over 200 lbs., so they don't have an exact weight yet. Pretty exciting (even I have to say)!

170002.jpg

170003.jpg

170004.jpg

Hey Kendell,

Bath huh? I spent from '81 to '00 living on the corner next to Spag's party store. Graduated my oldest in '93 from Bath. The first cross-country run of the year in Bath is the Bret Clements Memorial Bath Invitational named for him. I always spend the saturday after Labor Day at the middle school handing out team trophies. It's always a mixed day of emotions but I always look foward to it.

I moved to Eagle in '00 and graduated two more boys from Portland. Empty nester now. I thought my neighbor told me that Jones Rd used to be part of US16?

Just getting back into hunting from my younger days. I'll try to get some trail cam pictures up here but they won't match Kraig's!

Kraig, I quit shotgun deer hunting after I came home from the military, and stuck strictly to bow. The shotgun season was very short(7 days) and I lived in one of the prime hunting counties, so every A hole in chicagoland wanted to come down there and destroy "our" woods. It truely wasnot safe to be in the woods during shotgun season. I do miss those corn fed deer tho, Florida deer aren't near as healthy,

Marlin, you've got to be kidding !!! Service for 8.
clappy.gif
We feed a few feral cats in our back yard...but if my wife ever put out a table cloth with plates...well...don't know what I'd do. LOL
roflol.gif

Marlin, In the interest of Fancy's cat thing and Kraigs hunting thread.

170060.jpg

Here's a photo from last year of the 8 point in the last post, which BTW is the same deer I got the nice photo of in the velvet and posted on September 9th.

179219.jpg

Vince, thanks! Actually after comparing the 2008 and 2009 photos, I think I'd rather have the next photo of him be in 2010 with a smiling me and my bow pictured with him.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

My daughter can shoot this one, he has an interesting palmation to his left antler:

179227.jpg

179228.jpg

However, if that 8 point shows up she will be allowed to shoot him, or at least at him...

Kraig great pics ! I think his brother lives over here and poses with his tounge out as well

179650.jpg

these 2 young ones were here eating some apples off the ground 15 ft from my desk the other day

179651.jpg

they are watching my cat walk by

Allen, ah! That might work.
happy.gif

Don, those two young ones are sure cute! Here's my favorite deer with it's tongue out photo, this one is from last year.

179681.jpg

I talked with my father a couple of days ago. 73 years old and still bow hunting whitetail. I honestly have no idea how he does it.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Latest posts

Back