• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Making a wildlife Food Plot

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig;

Nice flock of birds! If they get to be a problem...you know who to call!
Bobby B.
Shotgun.gif

Kraig:
Sic the skunks on 'em if they're a problem....

Marlin, no, but some of my cousin's cows ("steers" would be the proper term) crossed a fence on Friday.
angry.gif

169397.jpg

My sister and brother-in-law had a BIG bear at their place recently. No photos. One of their dogs, Lola, was outside, the same one that had chased a bear earlier this year. Lola was missing for about an hour, my sister thought perhaps the bear had injured her. She eventually showed up just fine. Perhaps she was smart this time and went the other way when the bear showed up.

When I had a plow day back about 04 somebody posted a warning to the deer hunters among us that there would be a lot of black 2 horned deer around that were not to be taken.

Dave, "black 2 horned deer" that's funny.

I bet these would be quite tasty. Many years ago about 30 head of my cousin's cattle had crossed onto my parent's farm. After several weeks my father asked my cousin when he was going to come and get his cattle. My cousin had no idea they were missing. My father used to joke that next time the cattle crossed the fence he was going to ship them. Hmmm.... I may have to consider that, or maybe just arrow one, that would be good practice and it wouldn't use up a deer tag.
angel.gif

At least the deer are still hanging out in the area.
happy.gif

169418.jpg

Kraig McConaughey, I know this is off topic but seeing the 2 horned black deer slammed this in my mind and I can't shake it.

Them there is beef cows (as we all know). And for almost forever I thought that is what it took for beef in the supermarket to be labeled Grade A beef.

Then mad cow disease comes around in the news and long story short the stores have been selling milk cows for Grade A beef! I was shocked. And still don't eat beef steaks. I don't know what I'm getting. Just had to vent. Beautiful beefs though.

Kraig, Richard, Local packing house started grading "Angus" meat by color instead of ancestry. Buyer beware.

Dem Dar Black ones we call slow elk the skinnier brown ones with the shiny eyes are speed beef.

and of corse the other two are Barz

Shotgun.gif

Sigh....
bash.gif

169676.jpg

I think I found where the cattle were getting in. They had lifted a gate off of it's hinge pins. I placed it back on yesterday but now I need to flip the top pin so that it faces down so they can't lift it again. Not sure why my father installed that gate that way, all the other's were installed with the top pin facing down.
1a_scratchhead.gif
Also they have dug the soil out under the gate at the hinge end, I'll have to fill that back in as well. Darn cattle, by comparison horses are easy to keep fenced in.

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

169677.jpg
1a_scratchhead.gif

So, am I the only one on this forum with trail cameras? Or am I the only one willing to share photos from trail cameras?
dunno.gif

Kraig-
Don't feel bad, it's just that we don't have any cow-pictures to share. Keep posting away...

dizzy.gif

Kraig
I enjoy your pics even tho I'm on dial-up. Keep on posting, even the slow moving ones which I prefer to eat. And I'd like to have a dollar for each time someone says they'll fix me some venison and I won't be able to tell it from beef. It must be all the cool tools they enjoy while cooking!

Jerry, ever had Elk steak?
chef.gif
drool.gif

Here's a few other recent non-deer photos.

169685.jpg

169686.jpg

169687.jpg

Kraig;
I love the recent pics!Especially the "black panther"!Kinda' small though;must be a "kitty"!LOL!
I would gladly share trailcam pics if someone hadn't "borrowed" mine a while back.Next one will be chained to the tree! All I can post are "after" shots.When I get a replacement camera I'll join in.
Bobby B.
beerchug.gif
!

Kraig, Not to worry, I've heard for years now about all the BS here.

jerry harvey
And I'd like to have a dollar for each time someone says they'll fix me some venison and I won't be able to tell it from beef.

No matter where you get your venison from, let it age. When I first butchered a couple of roosters that were leading the hens astray I cooked them up that night. Well they tasted "gamey". And I'm wondering WTH? The next time I did a rooster I let it age in the fridge for something like 7-10 days. It was the best bird I ever had. I made the same mistake when I hunted. I'd cook some of my game that evening and freeze any others. They don't age when they are frozen! Sorry about going off topic. But I know alot of wonderful meat winds up tasting wild because it wasn't given time to age.

Latest posts

Back